The Wife...

surfcity

I don't play nice with baby killing gun grabbers
Jan 20, 2014
Huntington Beach
www.nra.com
My wife has watched me over the years get turkey brain. Its kinda like spring fever but worse I tell her, without fireing a shot all day and its still some of the best hunting I have ever done. Quiet wild life going off all around me....
I don't mean to get to personal here, but its really hard to get out we have to special needs children. And it kind of change our world to what we thought it would be to well....you have no idea. So with that said. So the god parents were gracious enough to take the children for a night.
So the kids are oldest enough now where we can give them to the god parents.
She has been waiting for this experience since we moved back from the old country over 15yrs..

My wife is pretty good in the outdoors for a city girl. Whenever I take her fishing she always knocks the hell out of them Party boats Mt streams lakes Rivers...she is a fish killer. And catches on really fast.

So she is so ready for this experience that well now she is getting ready to go Turkey hunting. Do you know what that means?!?!?!?!?
Everything has to MATCH She is melting the credit cards at the USUAL spots MidwayUSA BassPro Cabela's ..

I really hope this works out. We can't spend to much time away from the boys and this is going to be hell or heaven depending on how they do. We have about 24hrs to pull this off. Pure white knuckle adrenaline 24hrs

The excitement that she has to go do this is well worth the price. I have her working the box call and the pots. I will bring the popup just in case she has to adjust her makeup...or whatever. I can't wait to hear that question "Honey where do I go poop?"

So anybody else have their better half hoodle them about your turkey brain and wanna experience the hunt of the Gobbler? I hope she brings that fish whispering technique to the Turkey Woods.

Wish me luck

My wife is hooked after last year. We've been hunting together for a few years now, and its been the perfect excuse for us to pack the car and go backpacking for a couple nights, completely off the grid. We always bring a flask and just let loose every night. But we finally had a tom strut in front of us for nearly an hour last year, just out of range. She actually asked me "hey, can we come back here tomorrow?"

And she bagged the tom the next day!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Wish the wife would goin me out there in the turkey woods but she is not going hiking with me ever again after breaking her ankle at Daley ranch fours years ago. They had to take her out in a litter on a 4x4 razor. It was not fun for her so I understand.

I have a lot of respect for women hunters and for those that take of special needs children. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole family has hunted for generations but i had not since I was a kid life got in the way including an EX wife that was not the right person for Me for many reasons.

But 14 years ago I met my wife this year makes 10 years of marriage and 12 years of hunting together. The only thing better then hunting with my wife is hunting with my dad, my wife, my 18yr old son,and my 9 year old step grand daughter all at the same time.

But your right boy does she like buying all the clothes at bass pro. She spends more on clothes then I spend on guns.

My wife is hooked after last year. We've been hunting together for a few years now, and its been the perfect excuse for us to pack the car and go backpacking for a couple nights, completely off the grid. We always bring a flask and just let loose every night. But we finally had a tom strut in front of us for nearly an hour last year, just out of range. She actually asked me "hey, can we come back here tomorrow?"

And she bagged the tom the next day!
AWE Man! How cool is that I am hoping that it goes tthat way....

My whole family has hunted for generations but i had not since I was a kid life got in the way including an EX wife that was not the right person for Me for many reasons.

But 14 years ago I met my wife this year makes 10 years of marriage and 12 years of hunting together. The only thing better then hunting with my wife is hunting with my dad, my wife, my 18yr old son,and my 9 year old step grand daughter all at the same time.

But your right boy does she like buying all the clothes at bass pro. She spends more on clothes then I spend on guns.
LOL its a whole new dynamic that is for sure...

Broke my Cali City girl in on a turkey hunt in Kansas when I proposed. Three kids later she still wants to go! Gets mad when I take wounded warriors out before her. Takes them three days to kill one, her 30 min. She’s spoiled!
Good luck and good work.

Good luck out there, everyone! Be safe. Hopefully we'll all be posting pictures in the following weeks.

Broke my Cali City girl in on a turkey hunt in Kansas when I proposed. Three kids later she still wants to go! Gets mad when I take wounded warriors out before her. Takes them three days to kill one, her 30 min. She’s spoiled!
Good luck and good work.
Dood you have Turkey whisper for a wife Digital High Five!

Having a special needs child myself I truly understand the struggle of getting out with your wife to enjoy the outdoors. We are lucky enough that our special needs child is by far the least needy of all 3 of our kids. She doesn't mind being thrown in the truck and driving around the ranch. It allows us to still enjoy being outdoors together even if it doesn't mean hiking or sitting somewhere glassing together. My wife and I have a huge support group so we are able to go fishing or hunting together from time to time just the 2 of us. It just makes those times that much better. I do miss the freedom of just hopping in the truck and seeing where the road would take us. And as much as I enjoy hunting with my friends and/or my kids, theres just certain things my wife lets me do that my friends don't seem to think is very funny....

Well.... I will just call this a training mission... Didn't make it to the spot I wanted to. So I had to fall back and to an old well travel turkey woods off Eagle Peak. Now no matter what I see turkeys on that road Hens Gobblers EVERYTIME I have been on that road. Yesterday the woods were so quiet that it was like nothing was moving except birds and cattle. Hell I wasn't even seeing Squirrels.... tho I did see a crap load of cotton tail. The good thing is I haven't been there in a couple of years and discovered lots of water! I was STOKED about that I love to jump shoot ducks....

I digress..
We got up late...It was my fault long night sleeping arrangements I failed a little so we didn't sleep to good. Usually I am in a coma when I sleep up there. Anyway got up and went out got to the edge of the canyon and started shock calls. NOTHING I mean nothing. The wife was stellar she has been working the call box and getting pretty good. We went through the setup process and some rules of the woods. Played the the game for about 3hrs before hunger took over.....thats a whole nother story. We just got up and bolted cuz it was late. No grub to run on. So we just called it a day and went down and had lunch in Julian at Buffalo Bills walked around that amazing little town and took our time coming home. Hitting a potential turkey holes on the way home.

The best part of the whole thing was the wife acting like she had been there before. We are talking PURE city girl From Manilla L.A. San FranFreako... First time she ever got up close and personal with a cow...hilarious Despite not seeing a bird she saw things and learn things that left her amazed. She can not wait to go again she wants more than an over nighter to hunt, she wants a few days in the woods! Music to my ears!

The wheels were spinning with her on how to get out of the city and into the woods.
Looking forward to going out again.

I am thinking that there has to be a lot more Mt Lions up there. Where I hunt there is a freeway animal trail. I have found pig tracks on this trail over the years....Yote tracks and cow that was it... How many cats could be up there now. There is a lot of land up that is extremely hard to get to. I can imagine there is a mt lion nursery back in there some where. The cats are out of control.

Even if a kid get mauled and dragged off into the woods it won't make a difference. They will kill the cat and just say that is part of "man and beast" living together. They don't not have anything hunting them so they are gonna ..of course breed like rabbits. This problem is not going away in this state. This state is everything America is not.

The turkey population should be BOOMING lots of water LOTS and LOTS of food lots of acorns.... Something ain't right. Ladies and Gents.

Side note: a gent eating breakfast with us yesterday got a little jake out of wynola on a private ranch. The guys said the last couple of years the turkeys have been less and less in numbers on his ranch

Good luck out there!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu