These damn birds

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Well I hunted hard yesterday I hiked in 4 miles to my spot but I didn't see any birds I heard quite a few tho. I would have had a chance to kill one if I'd seen one because I would have stalked within range in my ghillie suit. I heard one person shoot and he killed a 10 incher. The thing that was so frustrating tho was when we got to the trail head we heard gobbles on land you can't hunt and then my dad checks his phone and my sister texted him a picture of turkeys in our back yard that's 3 years in a row they have been in our back yard on the opener!!!

Lol. Luke, just out of curiosity, how far is your house from the fence?

D16hunter said:
sportyg said:
ah you need to learn how to hunt the backyard...
Behind my house is national Forest

Im building a christmas card list for sch D16 could you please pm your address to me thanks
P.S. before turkey season ends for mailing purposes! ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu