Things are looking really bad

Rice takes water, lots of water, and the mismanagement of the water by this state has been well documented...This was bound to happen...Sad really... :(

ps...What takes more water, rice or almonds?
Environmentalists trying to save a nonexisting smelt takes the most water

Yup, they should have been doing this all along. This will be the first water storage reservoir in CA since they built Diamond Valley in 1999. You'd think water storage would have been a priority in a state that's in "perpetual drought" (Moonbeam's words) but it was more important to give the money to illegals and put it towards a train to nowhere that will never be completed.
Watch out, the Environmentalists are against this and they are our number 1 enemy

https://sacramento.newsreview.com/2...0000-signatures-after-deadly-year-for-salmon/

We all hate rumors but when you hear the same exact story from 3 different people who dont know each other it makes you shake your head

Many people I know, some in DFW are saying Sac, Delevan and Colusa are likely not going to open for hunting. If true, you misght as well add Kern

I hope this doesnt happen
There's a hunt program meeting coming up in a few weeks. I'm sure will find out then.

For now I'm hearing this is just a rumor.

We all hate rumors but when you hear the same exact story from 3 different people who dont know each other it makes you shake your head

Many people I know, some in DFW are saying Sac, Delevan and Colusa are likely not going to open for hunting. If true, you misght as well add Kern

I hope this doesnt happen
I sure hope that is just a rumor. Cannot even imagine what this will do the migration pattern let alone what happens to the birds that are concentrated in small areas. Reminds me of what happened in the Klamath/Tule that started in the 90's and has been getting worse every year. Nothing good will come from this

Mike if this does happen I'm sure it will take a few years of this to really change the birds just like we witnessed when management at Wister ruined the snow population on the refuge right

Mike if this does happen I'm sure it will take a few years of this to really change the birds just like we witnessed when management at Wister ruined the snow population on the refuge right
For sure Steph. Nothing good is happening in this state concerning wildlife management. I saw first hand what happened in Klamath/Tule and without water the birds are gonna move

For sure Steph. Nothing good is happening in this state concerning wildlife management. I saw first hand what happened in Klamath/Tule and without water the birds are gonna move
Personally, I was around Wister those seasons when the Snow population went south. Very pathetic and pretty bad management practices. Facing the rough seasons ahead in SoCal, I've decided I'm going out-of-state. Fortunately, I have a few buddies that live in Idaho. We booked a 1-day honker hunt in East Washington last Season in Nov....and slayed the geese. So fun. I plan to do that at least once or twice a season to get my fix, then jump ducks around the fields to mix it up. I just have my doubts that placing my hopes on Wister is going to produce much, if anything for a while.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu