This is no shi*.

Big thumbs down. No, it isn't apples and oranges. People have been killing each other for a very long time, and will continue to do so, with whatever weapon(s) they can get their hands on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I agree with you completely. Take away firearms and people will use knives and clubs and whatever. Went rabbit hunting out by Santa Ysabel yesterday. Grass knee-high and bone dry. Hills in So Cal dry as tinder. Anyone bent upon killing as many people as possible and causing as much damage as possible can take a box of matches and do far more damage than someone carrying a Glock.

Big thumbs down. No, it isn't apples and oranges. People have been killing each other for a very long time, and will continue to do so, with whatever weapon(s) they can get their hands on.

I agree with your statement that people are the problem. Guns are not. Guns ending in the hands of the wrong people is a problem.

If you believe other means of violence in the US are as much of a problem as the ones caused by bad people with guns, then there is no further discussion to have on my end.

What is really disturbing and what a lot of people who want universal background checks for everyone who buys a firearm don't seem to understand is that virtually all people who commit mass shootings have either passed or would pass a stringent background check. Virtually all the firearms were acquired legally and almost all shooters have no history of diagnosed mental illness. What the hell is going on?

Reactions: Hunter527
I agree with your statement that people are the problem. Guns are not. Guns ending in the hands of the wrong people is a problem.

If you believe other means of violence in the US are as much of a problem as the ones caused by bad people with guns, then there is no further discussion to have on my end.
So if we all agree people are the problem and guns aren’t why go after the guns? Seems like going after criminals and bad people would fix the problem…

What is really disturbing and what a lot of people who want universal background checks for everyone who buys a firearm don't seem to understand is that virtually all people who commit mass shootings have either passed or would pass a stringent background check. Virtually all the firearms were acquired legally and almost all shooters have no history of diagnosed mental illness. What the hell is going on?
exactly

Okay so now it's not the guns fault for violence......I agree!

Like all animals, when there gets to be too many, nature will find a way to rid itself from what capacity will hold...Disease, relocate, or kill each other (regardless of the means)...We appear as humans to be no different.

Reactions: SteveHazard
Like all animals, when there gets to be too many, nature will find a way to rid itself from what capacity will hold...Disease, relocate, or kill each other (regardless of the means)...We appear as humans to be no different.
110% agree.

110% agree.
Just wait until an ACTUAL pandemic hits that kills a billion people. If you want to fix climate change getting rid of a billion people will help, according to science.

Reactions: SteveHazard
Apples and oranges.

Violent crimes with knives are not a problem. The only reason a person wants to use a knife to kill you is because they don't have a gun in hand. How many people can a single person kill with a knife in one event? In many cases requires a physical confrontation. Criminals don't want that.
Building a bomb takes time and knowledge, you got to read about it, you have to test it and so on. I would imagine stupid violent people don't like to read so that weeds many of them out.

It doesn't take much to blast a bunch of rounds in a crowd.

But hey call it what you want.
It doesn’t take much to drive a truck through a crowd either! There should be background checks to buy gas!

True that. Any Star Trek fan can tell you that once we learn to leave our little galaxy we are going to boldly go where no-one has gone before and kill them there too.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu