Those turkeys are moving around

Matagi

Mar 1, 2011
IMG_6710.JPG IMG_6711.JPG heres some photos of a pair of jakes and a few hens out of camera range at the Cotton wood golf course in Rancho San Diego. It's great to see birds in these odd places.

Reactions: Bugsy71
Thanks for sharing, that's pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Steve. They are Rio hybrids. Just back in their natural habitat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yep Nick......Although these are Kansas birds and Borrego looks nothing like Kansas.....lol

These future longs were really curious of the decoys this morning.....They love Julian 'tat......;)

.042.JPG

Reactions: Bugsy71
Speaking of future longs, there's one place that won't have too many future longs... MCC.... I can't believe some of our club members pulling limits on jakes. Really disappointed at the fact that my 9 year old has more discipline in passing jakes than grown adults who have supposedly shot many long beards in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Deer Guy
Gen,

Very disappointing indeed.....But if you enjoy just squeaking on a box call and having a dumb kid run into your decoys, then MCC is your place....They're pushing 40 jakes killed!

Reactions: The Deer Guy
Many members sure talked a good talk about how they were on board on passing jakes and even maintaining a one jake limit. Sorry to go on a tangent but there's no reason why these members can't use some good judgement and give it a rest for just one season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, this hurts the public guys just as much as it hurts MCC members that what to hunt older toms.....By passing on some jakes, it would've enhanced the public hunting because the older stronger 2 years olds would would've pushed next years jakes & subordinate toms into new areas.....Those areas could've easily been public.

Damn shame that we had this opportunity this year and let it go.....Maybe next year......:worried:

Sadly, this hurts the public guys just as much as it hurts MCC members that what to hunt older toms.....By passing on some jakes, it would've enhanced the public hunting because the older stronger 2 years olds would would've pushed next years jakes & subordinate toms into new areas.....Those areas could've easily been public.

Damn shame that we had this opportunity this year and let it go.....Maybe next year......:worried:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu