Tick repellent

blouse your boots, wear a belt with a tucked in undershirt and long sleeve top, gloves. The only way in would be your neck line.

Ticks are standing on branches and bushes waiting for you to rub against it and they jump on board.

Reactions: AbeLincoln
I hate ticks and actually had one imbed in me at my waist line.....After I got it out, I carried a black & blue scar for years.

They say this is the right way.
To remove a tick.....
Yet the way I was taught was to lightly pull and twist to remove..
It has always worked without Poppin
Their head..

I'm a tick magnet. I'll get them no matter how well I spray down, wear long sleeve shirts tucked in at the waist, pants sprayed at boot tops and waist. It just does not matter, I'll come out of woods with a least one tick. I have tested positive for lymes and had to take a month long regiment of powerful antibiotics that had my system messed up for a few months later. I always strip down and give myself the once over in a mirror after a day in the woods. I use to use a product that worked real good called, no stinkin ticks, but I can't find it any more. I hate ticks. The best way I have found to remove a tick is, using tweezers, grab the tick right next to your skin and gently pull. I really hate ticks, oh and Libs.

Permethrin spray. Says it lasts for six washes. long sleeves. liner gloves. When sitting make sure at least one shirt is tucked in in back. Pants with velcro or ties to cinch around boot tops help too. Mesh facemask helps a lot with bugs too. Like someone else said, back of neck ends up being where they try to compromise. They can drop down on ya from trees sometimes on a sit. But mostly there on the under-bellies of the deer when I've been lucky. So you can't help but get some transfer into your meat bag that you put the cape and skull into. And they are super tough to kill/squish too!!! When I'm fleshing the hide and come across them... you have to use your knife to crush thru their bodies. You trying to squeeze them in-between your fingernails isn't quite enough. As crazy as that sounds. Their exo-skeleton bodies are like little freaking Tanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Hope i never run into a tick
..yuck!

I’ve heard Permethrin works. It has great reviews on Amazon.

Yes. I have only seen permethrin work. Any other repellant sucks.

Spray your clothes and let them sit over night and dry. A lot of the kits have you soak your clothes in it.

About 10 years ago we were hunting some ridiculously tick infested areas of San Diego county. As soon as we started using permethrin the tick issues stopped. Any ticks we say on us were struggling for their life, or trying to jump off to the first twig we could find.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Nicapopolis and Larry are right on.
I bought Permetrin spray and cream at Walmart. Same price than at Amazon.
Sprayed my pants in and out, also my shirts ( all of the ones I use when hunting on layers). My boots received a spray out also. I have had no problems this year. Last year I found one of them walking on my legs and caught it before stung me.
The cream I use on my hands and neck. Not even flies or mosquitos get close.

OK guys I'm going to get some perm and give it a try. If it works on me it will work on. Anyone. me being a magnet and all

Gentleman, please be advised..
I am careful about what I put on my body or cloths.
So what is more concerning the bugs or the poison..
Look up on Google
Permethrin safety data sheet..
I personally do not apply chemical poisons on my body or clothes..
Don't shoot the whistleblower / messenger....
Use at your discretion..

I checked it out. Not something I'm going to lose any sleep over. Use it as directed.

If you can, find the Volume 10 Number 3 of the Turkey Country magazine. (March/April 2019) go to page 32 and you will find an article about Ticks.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu