Time to find a new spot

Sep 4, 2014
Vista
Well hunted hard sat with the wife and hunted even harder by myself mon with no luck. Not a single gobble in two days of hunting. Did see hens but that's it. It's public land where I hunt and last year I got gobbles every single day I went out. I'm beginning to think there are no males in the area that I hunt. Not a single gobble and every piece of poop I've come across is female. I want to think the drought has something to do with it. The wife is looking to get her first kill with a bow and she wants it to be a turkey so now I'm off to look for Turks :'( how's everyone else's opener going? Anyone having the same problem lol

Turkeys are way down......We're at a 1/3 or worse of what we had 2 seasons ago......The numbers like all ground birds can plummet fast in prolonged droughts like this one.....This spring doesn't seem to be any better either....... ???

I think I'd hang with that spot for awhile......Although, these are probably non breeding ginnys.......... :(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu