Tom Retiring from San J

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Word in the field is Tom is retiring from running San J in January. He did an incredible Job running the refuge and I am nominating him for the California Parks Golden Bear Award for the southern Division as a partner organization. If anyone else would like to nominate him here is the link. I don't know him personally so I just used San J's contact info for him in the form.

17050 Davis St, Lakeview, CA 92567
(951) 928-0580
[email protected]

Tom, despite not being a hunter, did an incredible job with the fine balancing act he had to have between bird watchers, tree huggers, and hunters...He will be missed and I'm hoping whoever takes his place has a similar mentality.

His going away party is March 19th.

.san j 6-18-11 058.JPG

Seen a GoFundMe tom Trakes there raising $ for a camera as a thank you,brayant park teacher donated a 100$ realy kool (retiring after JR hunt )

Reactions: ilovesprig
It's the state of California, bet you get vegan anti hunting furry

He doesn't need to retire he can manage the area from his home in Idaho ,wister new manager working from home

Last edited:
Reactions: ilovesprig
Any of you hard core duckers throwing him a Kegger?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu