Trail Cam pic's. My 2012 Target Buck !

breacher said:
Good Lord that is a sweet looking buck buckhunter! You still waiting for the temp to cool down or are you at it? I wanna see pictures of that buck on the ground!

Went out scouting CNF last weekend with a member I met on here. Cool guy. We both learned new stuff and saw new dirt.

Most of the time I hunt low on the mountain and usually don’t see bucks until it cools down and they come down looking for doe’s. That buck (if he’s the same one) only strolls into my area once a year. I get one night picture a year, then he’s gone. I’ll get serious in the stand in a few weeks. My other spot may have got caught in a fire. I'm going to check it this weekend to see if it is still there.

Watch the does in the area.If you can pattern one while in heat you will see him in the daytime.And then take that week off. And don't give us that can't get off work bull.Your self employed. :D

Invisible man said:
Watch the does in the area.If you can pattern one while in heat you will see him in the daytime.And then take that week off. And don't give us that can't get off work bull.Your self employed. :D

It's 12:07AM on a Friday night and I'm at the office working on a bid. The moneys good but these hours suck !

BTW....... I printed out a large color copy of your avitar and its a big hit with the crew here.

Seems like most of the big bucks taken out of San Diego starts by the close relationship the hunter has with them. Looks like you have his pattern down I hope you get him!

I've sat in the tree just one afternoon and it was HOT. I didn't see anything but a few quail and a rabbit. I did get a good pic.

I know there is a contest going on, but I'll share anyways................. Untill he's down, it's just a trail cam picture.

Attachments

• PRMS0632.JPG
    PRMS0632.JPG
    712.3 KB · Views: 16
  • PRMS0035.JPG
    PRMS0035.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PRMS0169.JPG
    PRMS0169.JPG
    681.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PRMS1816.JPG
    PRMS1816.JPG
    662.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PRMS2167.JPG
    PRMS2167.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 13
Re: Trail Cam pic's. My 2012 Target Buck !

Hope you stick him Jim!

Geez Buckhunter, you got quite the game trail right there. Im expecting a picture of a bear on that trail now....

I need to pay more attention when I look at pictures. It took me three times looking back at the last set of pictures before I saw the buck.

breacher said:
Geez Buckhunter, you got quite the game trail right there. Im expecting a picture of a bear on that trail now....

I've never seen any bears, turkey or pigs there but I do get at least one hunter or hiker a year. Last year they jacked my camera so I don't put it on that same tree.

So I hunted a full day Saturday . Walked in, in the dark and walked out in the dark. I saw a coyote at 60 yards and the forky I have the night picture posted above. (The date was set wrong). The buck was at 30 yards broadside and I let him walk. He was on the side the I don't have my video camera set up. I should have taken him as I don't know how many days I'll be able to hunt this season. Oh well, still waiting for the big one and didn't want to blow my A22 on him. I'm sure I'll regret it in a few weeks.

Have no regrets - you can't shoot big deer if you shoot little ones! ;)

What was that fork? about 70" at this point he's a winner. DECISIONS DECISIONS It's going to get tough to know what to pull the trigger on.
Just like last year, I could have shot some nice bucks, but your brother had me all messed up. It was fun though I had a blast.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu