Trail Cam Pics

Ghosthunter

Jan 6, 2011
San Diego
Went up tonight with my son Justin, Checked all our cameras and came up with a few new pictures to show off.
After we got everything done and we got in our stands I started to use the CAN to put out a few calls. I hit it three times over a 45 min period and sure as shit a buck comes out of the thick brush probably about 40 minutes before we he should of before dark. He was just a forky so I watched him circle around me looking for this doe but he decided to just walk off. I kept quiet because he was heading for my sons stand and I was hoping he would get a shot but the buck never showed. Just before dark I had five to six deer come in behind me with a good buck chasing two does but they would never come around in front of me and it just got to dark. All in All a fun evening on the mountain.

Take a look at the size of this cat.

Attachments

• SUNP0041.JPG
    SUNP0041.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 29
  • SUNP0020.JPG
    SUNP0020.JPG
    873.7 KB · Views: 43
That could have been the picture of the year ... grate photos Mike, thanks for sharing.

That's a big Tom. Can't say I've ever seen a bigger one than that.

BuckHunter said:
That's a big Tom. Can't say I've ever seen a bigger one than that.

Here's my tom from last week's trail cam offering:

Attachments

• PICT0202.JPG
    PICT0202.JPG
    578.7 KB · Views: 30
  • PICT0203.JPG
    PICT0203.JPG
    577.7 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0262.JPG
    PICT0262.JPG
    610.2 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0263.JPG
    PICT0263.JPG
    613.7 KB · Views: 31
That is a cool bobcat. I have always told myself that I am a pretty big guy and if a cat tried to take me on I could probably take him being I always have my knife ready and most cats in the Lagunas are smaller than cats in the Rockies but this cat which I have a picture of him going away from the camera on the main SCH site under Trail Cam Pictures and I went face to face with him a few years ago would probably give me a run for my money. The worst part is this is where my son Justin has been sitting in a stand and even thou I watch him until he is in his stand before I walk to mine, I will always walk him up the tree just to be safe.

Michael Pritzl said:
That is a cool bobcat. I have always told myself that I am a pretty big guy and if a cat tried to take me on I could probably take him being I always have my knife ready and most cats in the Lagunas are smaller than cats in the Rockies but this cat which I have a picture of him going away from the camera on the main SCH site under Trail Cam Pictures and I went face to face with him a few years ago would probably give me a run for my money. The worst part is this is where my son Justin has been sitting in a stand and even thou I watch him until he is in his stand before I walk to mine, I will always walk him up the tree just to be safe.

Good call. If you see his tracks this season could you put a tape on it and take a pic. His paws are huge!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu