Trail Cam Stolen

jlroberts100

Aug 3, 2012
San Diego
Hunting Laguna. Same spot I always hunt, many of you know where it is. Opening day I get to my stand and notice my trail cam missing. Had a large cable lock on it. At least they didn’t steal my tree stand. If any of you see a stealth cam camera with tree bark glued to it, let me know. I do have two more up on Laguna, with bark glued to them. I know.....I know.....public land. People just can’t leave other people’s stuff alone. I had just put that camera up during the first week of August too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend send me a pic from other hunter on Laguna someone thive his cam and try stole his treestans but this one have a big lock , so just destroy the treestand this was the opening day

.IMG_3539[1].PNGIMG_3538[1].PNG

Man that sucks, but happens every year down there to someone it seems. My guess it is a local or two who don't like people hunting the area or just some city folk who rent or have a cabin there.

Hunting Laguna. Same spot I always hunt, many of you know where it is. Opening day I get to my stand and notice my trail cam missing. Had a large cable lock on it. At least they didn’t steal my tree stand. If any of you see a stealth cam camera with tree bark glued to it, let me know. I do have two more up on Laguna, with bark glued to them. I know.....I know.....public land. People just can’t leave other people’s stuff alone. I had just put that camera up during the first week of August too.

We have a camera or two in that area now. I'll let you know if anything shows up.

Here’s an idea. If you’ve experienced repeated theft, put an old cheap camera in the same area, easily visible, then mount one very well hidden to monitor the cheapie. Maybe catch the perp on film then track him down.

Reactions: Dawnandusk
Wonder if there's a way WE can have access to something like those exploding dies like they have in bank cash bags?

• Love
Reactions: Dawnandusk
After reading all these posts lately about cameras that disappeared, I went to check on mine with the mind set on that camera being gone... but it was there!!!!! I am so happy today!!!
Caught a couple of doe and a few hunters... so I found out that it is not that secret of a spot...
Gonna have to keep going deep.

Reactions: Zak

The land is public... our cameras are not...

I tell ya man... those thieves are playing some DANGEROUS-ASS games, son!

You mean to tell me they're willing to knowingly go and EFF with the property of another person...who can show back up at ANYTIME.... and that you KNOW is going to be ARMED...AND is experienced in slicing and dicing up large animals?? Foo'... That's a dumb mutha-f*cka right there!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu