Tree Stand Stolen Again

If you lean on a truck is that possessing stolen property or grand theft auto??

No. If by using common sense and I can find the person that took it, should they not be punished for committing a crime? I'm just a guy that wants his property back. Not trying to "abuse" anything. Why are you so against the person getting caught/punished?
#TreeStandLivesMatter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna stop parking my truck in public parking lots. if I drop the key and somebody gets in, I guess its theirs. too risky.

Reactions: jlroberts100
what is the difference between me parking my truck in a public parking lot and you leaving a tree stand on public land?

by your logic, nothing.

The best post on this thread!

Food for thought here: maybe the tree stand got messed with due to the business card. Sad to say but there are some people who hates LE and maybe thats who came across your stand.
Same reason why I don't have political or "machine" gun stickers on my car.

Congrats on bagging one.

Every single state I have lived and hunted has the same exact rules. If a person leaves a stand on public property, any individual has equal rights to hunt out of it. A person also runs the risk of the stand being stolen, even though it is the illegal and immoral. A person who leaves a stand on public land should know that there is a possibility of this happening.

This weekend I forgot my bow case on the roof of my car and some f*cker stole it. It was not legal for them to do but what the hell does someone expect is going to happen. There will always be people who do not have a moral compass. It's public land so people need to be prepared to get their shit stolen.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stikbrandon
what is the difference between me parking my truck in a public parking lot and you leaving a tree stand on public land?

by your logic, nothing.

On average ... About 35k

Your logic is all wrong, your comparing apples to oranges..

Every single state I have lived and hunted has the same exact rules. If a person leaves a stand on public property, any individual has equal rights to hunt out of it. A person also runs the risk of the stand being stolen, even though it is the illegal and immoral. A person who leaves a stand on public land should know that there is a possibility of this happening.

This weekend I forgot my bow case on the roof of my car and some f*cker stole it. It was not legal for them to do but what the hell does someone expect is going to happen. There will always be people who do not have a moral compass. It's public land so people need to be prepared to get their shit stolen.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I hate people who steal. I agree with you 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost scout mount laguna 2 months before season, i find there 40+ treestands and i never steal nothing.
I mean is etic, i dont take something that it is not mine. Last year i have same problem with 2 leather treestand.
hunters in the mountains we are friends , almost i think that maybe some people not ???

I feel for you and fully support you jlroberts100. This is the first year I put a stand up in Laguna. I tried to put it on the side of a fat oak that is away from the trail but a little tip that I did out of theft paranoia is I locked each section of the ladder to the one above it and then to the stan therefore locking them all up together. I also put a very thick cable around the tree to the mail stand. Then I went further using "treestand locks" (almost bike locks) to connect the eyes of each ratchet tie downs to each other. I left my name, address and # on the top in plastic. I doubt very much "tree huggers" are messing with them. People seem to think all hunters are angels. I know some pretty unethical ones who I stopped hunting with but who knows. I also figure if it's on public land people may use it. That's fine as long as they don't mess with it and get out if I show up. Though I did lock the shooting rest down too! : )
I'm only bowhunting this year in an area that I have pulled 6 deer out of in the last 8 years. Skunked last year but 3x3 w bow year before. Solid 2x2 but the thirds held a keychain so my buddy counted it.
Good luck everyone. Please be conservationists and support each other. Hunting is what keeps these animals' populations thriving through our $$. 70% from hunter support.
I listen to Big Buck Regisrty podcast while in the stand.
Theres's a very important and interesting one with Hunter/PhD/Conservationist Shane Mahoney on it from July 30th I feel everyone should listen too.
Good luck all.
Sorry for the long ramble

Read the post......read the comments...God is great beer is good people are crazy...public land holds some interesting people...some criminals some tree huggers but also some big bucks..so let's get hunting....it's almost duck season too! Good luck guys!

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu