Tree Stand Stolen Again

St
very true point no doubt. I plan on doing more scouting on the other area of Laguna around the lake and what not. Right now I'm just trying to learn

Steve,

I admire your willingness to learn.....You're doing great.....Hunting & scouting by yourself can be tough.....I think your hard work will pay off.

If I can ever help on finding a deer, carrying out, or just need a hanging tree, let me know.....;)

St

Steve,

I admire your willingness to learn.....You're doing great.....Hunting & scouting by yourself can be tough.....I think your hard work will pay off.

If I can ever help on finding a deer, carrying out, or just need a hanging tree, let me know.....;)
much appreciated! may end up taking you up on that some day.

If I left a stand on the hill, I would put a trail came in an adjacent tree to capture images of the bastards stealing or vandalizing gear. Then I would plaster their picture on every hunting forum on the web...someone will recognize them unless they are true tree huggers.

That sucks there is a stand not even 50 ft from a watering hole an road where i go guy bags a buck every year. An just takes bottom 2 section of stand off an leaves the rest game warden an ranger both know about it an apparently dont care. I think its b.s.

If you leave something on the ground it is 'finders keepers'. Why someone would do this defies logic.

Tape your card to a $100 bill and drop it. Guess what's going to happen?

Guess I see it differently.
If you didn't buy it or if it wasn't givin to you it's not yours. If you take it its theft plain and simple.

AND THAT'S ABSOLUTELY HOW I SEE IT!.......BIG DIFFERENCE FROM FINDING A 100 BILL LAYING AROUND.....;)

Also, anybody who steals from a fellow sportsman is about as low a form of human as there is in my book!

I hate thieves!...............:mad:

lets re-arrange this to something more reasonable then comparing a piece of property to physical cash.

your statement would be like saying if dropped my house key and lost it, then whoever found it has full access to my house and now owns it.

Macsteve, not what I said and your statement makes an illogical leap.

I see treestands run, on average about $200. And we are talking public land. So I see this as putting your card on 2 $100 bills. Sure must be nice to throw away money like that.

JLroberts100

Property of a peace officer makes no difference to a P.O.S...

But

The fact that you left your card with your chosen profession on it thinking that would have some effect on someone's decision is irrelevant.

That's almost insulting for the fact that you put your official police business card on a tree stand in PUBLIC land expecting individuals to leave it alone because you have some higher authority over the general public during your official time of work, is unjust and wrong. Not to mention a waste of tax payers money.thoes cards need to be used to help individuals and other official business related issues.

Stealing is wrong 100% and I'm on your side on that.

last year my stand was ambushed and shot up by some punk ass quail hunters and the destroyed one of my trail cams as well, but to be honest I don't put anything on public land expecting at some point for it to be messed with, say in , used in any way and or stolen at any given opportunity.

All that being said, I feel for ya .

JLroberts100 thank you for your service as a police officer. I appreciate all that you do an I am sorry for all the slack you guys have been getting. I sleep safe knowing there are police put there risking their lives for me. Anyone who thinks different should stand infront of you the next time you kick a door down.

Tonys if it isn't yours don't take it, no if ands or butts. I get that people are dirt bags and there are thieves out there but stealing is stealing obviously this tree stand was put there by someone it wasn't forgotten or dropped.

I don't put my card on there to get special privileges, I put it in there so maybe they will think twice. When/if I find my stand and if someone happens to be in it, I can arrest them for possessing stolen property. I can detain and turn them over to the sheriff. By the way, I pay for my cards, I would never waste YOUR tax dollars (because police officers don't pay taxes, duh!). On a brighter note, I shot a doe today, in the same spot my stand was stolen from. Winning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLroberts100 thank you for your service as a police officer. I appreciate all that you do an I am sorry for all the slack you guys have been getting. I sleep safe knowing there are police put there risking their lives for me. Anyone who thinks different should stand infront of you the next time you kick a door down.

Tonys if it isn't yours don't take it, no if ands or butts. I get that people are dirt bags and there are thieves out there but stealing is stealing obviously this tree stand was put there by someone it wasn't forgotten or dropped.

Plus 1

I don't put my card on there to get special privileges, I put it in there so maybe they will think twice. When/if I find my stand and if someone happens to be in it, I can arrest them for possessing stolen property. I can detain and turn them over to the sheriff. By the way, I pay for my cards, I would never waste YOUR tax dollars (because police officers don't pay taxes, duh!). On a brighter note, I shot a doe today, in the same spot my stand was stolen from. Winning!

You are right YOUR tax dollars do pay for your business cards but so does everybody else's.

Not bashing on you bro,I appreciate the work you guys and gals do! I was just telling you how I feel.

By the way..... Arresting someone that is in your stand on PUBLIC land assuming you find it on public land is Bull Shit! When you leave a stand on public land it becomes public property in the laws eyes. It ain't right and it really does suck but it's the truth...

And leaving your card on your stand to make a guy think twice is intimidation ! Which from a public servent that is sworn to protect and serve,NOT intimidate is wrong.

Congrats on the success !

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right YOUR tax dollars do pay for your business cards but so does everybody else's.

Not bashing on you bro,I appreciate the work you guys and gals do! I was just telling you how I feel.

By the way..... Arresting someone that is in your stand on PUBLIC land assuming you find it on public land is Bull Shit! When you leave a stand on public land it becomes public property in the laws eyes. It ain't right and it really does suck but it's the truth...

And leaving your card on your stand to make a guy think twice is intimidation ! Which from a public servent that is sworn to protect and serve,NOT intimidate is wrong.

Congrats on the success !

Well thanks but nothing you said is actually the law or common sense. You sound like the kind of person that is up there taking people's property. Which is illegal. Read the law.

Also, I copy my business cards at my house and laminate them with clear packing tape. So no, tax dollars aren't being wasted on me.
I'm kinda done responding to you because nothing anyone says is going to change your skewed view. Happy hunting, hopefully ethical, moral, and safe hunting.

Well thanks but nothing you said is actually the law or common sense. You sound like the kind of person that is up there taking people's property. Which is illegal. Read the law.

Also, I copy my business cards at my house and laminate them with clear packing tape. So no, tax dollars aren't being wasted on me.
I'm kinda done responding to you because nothing anyone says is going to change your skewed view. Happy hunting, hopefully ethical, moral, and safe hunting.

Dont question my ethics and morality because I'm calling you out

I'm a through and through ethical hunter and a law abiding citizen, you shouldn't be stereotyping
Me as a thief or a unsafe hunter for the honesty that is coming out through this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the tree stand was left because it is a hassle to get there then why not put your bow, firearms, gps, range finder up there too? Sure they will be there when you come back. Put your official law enforcement card on them. That's not abuse of the priviledge.

BTW, I haven't stolen anything nor do I think it is the right thing to do.

That's stupid. Law enforcement requires you to label you stand with your name an phone number. That's what I did. Don't be ridiculous. I was acting in good faith. Clearly someone else wasn't. There is no abuse here. If either of you would like to complain, please feel free to message me and I'll give you my supervisors phone number.
By the way, I pull my tree stands on the last day of the season and I don't put them out until about 2-3 weeks before.

If you lean on a truck is that possessing stolen property or grand theft auto??

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu