Trophy Bird Down!

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
We had a pretty good shoot this morning, although the action was a little slower than the last few years. I knocked down 7 birds while my dad knocked down 11. I remembered the request of @HATCHET1 and centered the trophy bird for easy admiring. I picked him because his feathers were undisturbed and he had the blue tint on his head which is signature of a mature bull Mourning Dove. Truly a once in a decade bird.
5CD24145-F518-4E9E-9018-A13F372ED7A0.jpeg19BEC308-FE8D-4380-B048-BFF9795EB472.jpeg

Thanks buddy....im sleeping well to-night...awesome job.

Reactions: Hunter527
Man i hope not....could be bad news

Very nice, Hunter...Nobody knows doves like HATCHET....:jadu:
I saw an Apache Helicopter flying over when I stopped at the Wister check station yesterday. At first I thought Hatchet was going way overboard loading up an Apache with #6 upland steel. But they were probably just heading to the SEAL base outside Niland that we almost drove into one time.

I saw an Apache Helicopter flying over when I stopped at the Wister check station yesterday. At first I thought Hatchet was going way overboard loading up an Apache with #6 upland steel. But they were probably just heading to the SEAL base outside Niland that we almost drove into one time.

I saw that Apache yesterday too. It was at about 9:10am. I was heading North on the 86 and it flew right in front of me LOW and heading East. Awesome sight.

Some tules caught on fire by spoony lagoon today. Just some super thick choked out area that needs to burn anyways.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu