Turkey gear

Corey,

There's some pretty good blow-up or foam decoys out there......I will have a bunch of different brands at the tune-up......I feel a jake & hen should be together......If you could only have one.....It would be the hen.....IMO.....That said, drawing will be difficult without a pop-up blind. If your hunting MCC, there's plenty of good spots that the blind can be used. It just takes more patience's, since you can't move around the zone much.

Corey, check out the new Zink Avian X rio grande jake and hen pair. Super realistic like the DSD and foldable but without the DSD price tag.

Matagi said:
Corey, check out the new Zink Avian X rio grande jake and hen pair. Super realistic like the DSD and foldable but without the DSD price tag.

Yep.......Josh & Tanner have these. They're on sale right now on Roger's......Free shipping too.

.https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/decoys/turkey-decoys/avian-x-rio-grande-lookout-jake-combo-pack.html

Yup and that's a great price too with free shipping. The only thing I have noticed and this just my two cents but I have seen a lot of gobblers shy away from the avian jake. I don't know if it's just the posture or what. A good friend of mine in SD used it Martrians and he also had every long heard skirt away as soon as the bird saw the jake decoy. The postur in the DSD really has realistic posture of a jake trying to sneak in on a hen. I see the avian jake work well on those really aggressive eastern toms but rio gobblers tend to allow subordinate toms to hang out with the flock Tom so maybe that's why?

Thanks for the advice guys. The patience thing is what I am working on more and more. all the turkey's I have got have been a long wait and never before 11 am so it's tough for me to sit in a blind. I realize I enjoy the stock and getting close more than the shot, therefore, if I get busted oh well just another learning experience. I think I will get a single hen and go from there. Thanks for the help.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu