Turkey guided hunt recommendation

M3track

Jan 2, 2015
Hey guys,

Calling on all of your knowledge for a recommendation. I have never been turkey hunting and would like to go. I called a couple clubs to ask about turkey hunts. I've received some quotes but I have no idea what is reasonable and who to trust. I am looking to go with a guide because I've never been before. I want the real experience of calling ect. and bringing them in. Who would you guys recommend? I am hoping after this I will have enough knowledge to go alone. Quotes seem to be around $250 thus far. Anyone done this before?

Thank you all for your help.

If you can make it up there to frsno and you can get a hold of him Niel Ray is awsome from what i have heard, also site sponsor. giant sequoia guise service.

If your getting quotes for $250.00 in decent turkey country or private property......Jump on it!.......Our guides get $300.00 a day and that doesn't include the membership cost (MCC/$3,000.00).

Most guides that have access to good turkey lands get anywhere from $500.00 to $650.00......Tejon Ranch gets around $2,100.00 for a 2 day guided hunt (includes lodging).

I was recently in hunting Kansas (freelance) and they were getting $650.00 a day.....They were hunting over feeders. So, you're just about guaranteed.

You also may want to attend the turkey tune-up that will be here in San Diego Febuary 21st at San Vicente Reservoir......Lots of info given out about where to go locally and how to hunt 'em......I will have a booth there (County Fish & Game Commissioners). So just introduce yourself......I hunt turkeys most everyday of the season. Might be able to help you some....... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu