Turkey hunting in Southern California

Rich618

May 13, 2022
New to hunting I picked up a compound bow and want some turkey. I heard san diego county has some birds there. Was trying to figure out more less which was the closest city?

San Diego public land turkey is a real challenge. Look for oak and pine areas with some clearings mixed in.

Reactions: sportyg
They are there finding them will take some research and boot leather. The season ends on the 15th.

New to hunting I picked up a compound bow and want some turkey. I heard san Diego county has some birds there. Was trying to figure out more less which was the closest city?

The closest city would be Ramona...The closest communities would be Santa Ysabel, Julian, and Warner Springs...Cleveland NF is all amongst these areas...Some BLM, but your main spots will be in the CNF...Which almost goes all the way to Mexico...Good luck

Thank you so much for you help I appericate it

Rich,

You may want to attend a NWTF monthly meeting sometime...4th Tuesday of the month at Hamburger Factory in Poway...Starts at 6:30 pm

You don't need to be a member of NWTF, but it would really help you, if you joined...Lots of like minded hunters, both vets & newbies... :blush:

Awesome thank you the only other person i know that hunts lives in Wyoming so some fellow newbies and experienced archers locally would be nice. Is there anything out in the San Bernardino area?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu