TURKEY SAN DIEGO

Stoegey

Apr 16, 2020
Hi i want to go turkey hunting in san diego wheres a good place thats public and open right now im trying to go this weekend
any directions on how to get to the spots

no one is going to give you spots, use onxhunt app on you phone , and start hiking.
go to national forest, look for tracks, and sign. read the pin up post for upland game.
look at some of my post about the Mossberg videos will be a big help.

This ^^^

Also theres been rumblings of flocks off Ortega Hwy...

Larry's not here man. He did send me another message after I mentioned another forum which most of you are familial with. Based on the tone of the message, I would say, he's gone for good. He left the other forum for similar reasons. I don't remember him over there.

Cal guns might be a like atmosphere im thinking? I visted that site once....ONCE...

• Haha
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
just looking for tips not pin point locations

Stoegey,

Welcome to SCH...Ortega Hwy is NOT one of those spots...Talked to a guy this morning that recently got a bird near Lake Henshaw...OnXhunts is a must have tool...Cleveland NF, BLM, and San Felipe W.A. are all legal to hunt turkeys...Good luck

Stoegey,

Welcome to SCH...Ortega Hwy is NOT one of those spots...Talked to a guy this morning that recently got a bird near Lake Henshaw...OnXhunts is a must have tool...Cleveland NF, BLM, and San Felipe W.A. are all legal to hunt turkeys...Good luck

THANKS

Nice. Stay on em. If there are hens the Tom's are never far. I went out and could here 2 gobblers but could never get eyes on them. They were hung up on private.

Nice. Stay on em. If there are hens the Tom's are never far. I went out and could here 2 gobblers but could never get eyes on them. They were hung up on private.
[/Q

same here we heard a bunch but they were in private and the reserve area...sneaky bastards

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Yes they are! Yesterday was the last day for shotgun. Today until the 17th is archery only. It cool getting into an area and at least hearing them. Small victories!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu