Turkey Season Results

QuePasaJames

Nov 8, 2016
Im super curious as to how everyone did this turkey season. Who got one??? Public or private property? If you didn't get one, did you see any gobblers or come close to getting it done? Do you know anyone who got one?

I'll start. I got one on public. My father also got one on public.

I got as close as ever this year but still struck out. 1 guy i was with got one on public, sorry no pic. Very confident ill get one next season. Cant wait!!! Congrats to all who got one. Jealous of all those birds you guys/gals brought down. Just makes me hungrier to get my 1st.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I got three Toms this year, all MCC birds. First time I’ve ever limited in a season. I put half the effort I did last year where I got zero birds...so, I guess sometimes things even out over successive seasons. The last few seasons I’ve put the effort in. My prior 10 seasons or so I didn’t give a steady effort and work got in the way a lot. Anyway I’m grateful. The things I did differently this year; 1) I bought a real turkey vest with an integrated seat (Alps) which lightened my load a lot 2) invested in some really good calls (mainly woodhaven) 3) switched to a 20 gauge gun (lighter, easier to shoot, just as deadly)

.7272D7E5-2AAB-4EDB-877C-C4CFFA08EB14.png530F5DB1-C27E-4604-A1F1-81886514F6B5.jpegBD5C2FB8-CA6E-4D8A-8C54-A295B02BB593.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ilovesprig
If i lived in SD...i would definitely join MCC...strong work.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu