Turkey shotgun red dot?

DojaDr

Mar 2, 2019
Just curious. Since shot placement is crucial for a humane take and not wanting to destroy any precious meat, was wondering how many of you use/run a red dot and your thoughts on having one?

I don’t use one, but a number of my friends do. And they love them. Personally, I feel if you let them get within 40 yds., they’re tough to miss

This is what I’m running...got it for free so was going to try it out this season....4C1749C2-7C42-45DE-8550-2D797F0D983E.jpeg

I personally don't like red dot, but said if you practice with it, and it works.
I like the bead and open visual. But you know try it, and also try it with bead.

Nice set-up...Have you tried patterning it?
Thank you. Patterned it a month ago without the red dot, modified choke steel Ammo and got a nice pattern at 50yrds with 24” barrel. I feel more comfortable with 40yrds or less. Maybe with red dot my confidence will increase on the distance. Thing that sucks is no ranges allow steel Ammo which is all we can use here in commi-fornia... another desert trip is lined up here sooner than later to get it dialed in with the red dot.

Thank you. Patterned it a month ago without the red dot, modified choke steel Ammo and got a nice pattern at 50yrds with 24” barrel. I feel more comfortable with 40yrds or less. Maybe with red dot my confidence will increase on the distance. Thing that sucks is no ranges allow steel Ammo which is all we can use here in commi-fornia... another desert trip is lined up here sooner than later to get it dialed in with the red dot.

Can't you shoot the hevi shot and tungsten stuff? Not sure I want to shoot steel with those turkey choke restrictions.

Do NOT shoot steel shot thru a turkey choked shotgun...It will ruin the barrel at the least...Invest in Hevi-Shot or TSS turkey loads...It's far superior to lead or steel.

Do NOT shoot steel shot thru a turkey choked shotgun...It will ruin the barrel at the least...Invest in Hevi-Shot or TSS turkey loads...It's far superior to lead or steel.
Per benelli manual it says that the you can run steel Ammo but not at full choke only with the middle choke or lower. So as long as I stick to that I’d feel they would honor any barrel issues under warranty......

Yes I will have to get me some tungsten and hevi-shot. Thanks for the info.

A lot of folks had started to leave when Amanda from Turner's came up and donated 2 boxes of TSS for people who got on their mailing list...I know they have TSS and Hevi-Shot in stock.

Please support our local gun/ammo shops...We're down to a handful of places to get ammo (just the way the libs want it)...:mad:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu