Turkey Update

Ghosthunter

Jan 6, 2011
San Diego
Hit the Laguna’s yesterday with my son Justin and a good friend Terry. Seen a lone hen (monster) in the early is and had a few Jakes jump us and fly off. Worked several areas that I like and as the morning went on I started to get some gobbles on my calls. Had at least five different birds gobbling but when we tried to work them they where already moving into the thick shit or just flat disappeared. Great day on the mountain, see over a dozen deer and all the creeks are flowing with water and the lakes are all full to the brim. I think in the next couple weeks we are growing to see a hot spirt and that is when it will be time to get on these birds. I think the snow has kept them off the mountain but now they are starting to move up. Lots of food for them so it should be soon that we get some good birds working.

Mike just says all those fluffy things...Really he is aching to "kill some shit"! ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu