Turkeys in SLO?

Pretty lean out there from what ive been told...tons of private land...those birds are called yard birds for a reason...no likey the public.

Reactions: ke1234567
I've heard similar, but also not sure there's much else in So Cal. There's places up there when I've camped, that I've had turkeys come right through our campground, so I know there up there. But yeah, I'll be praying for a dumb one to walk onto public. Take him out of the gene pool

Absolutely....A number of birds were trapped here in SD and were taken to Los Padres...Problem is, they pretty much graduated to private lands after being released on public.

Had a friend fishing Santa Margarita last week and said there were a quite a few birds around the lake...1st turkeys I ever saw were in an arm of Lake Nacimiento in about 1960.

Thx sprig. Assuming we're not quarantined, or worse (martial law...*rolling eyes*), I'll be up there. Figure a nice week camping with a buddy ain't a bad reason. If we even see a bird on public, it would be worth it. With all the crap going on, camping around a camp fire, beers, steaks (assuming we can find groceries!) and great sunrises/sunsets is good enough reason for me to go.

the area around Nacimiento is loaded big time but all private. Used to have a ranch there i had low cost access to....... i miss it a lot :(

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu