Turner's Turkey Seminar Thursday 3-19-15

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Boy, did I screw up.......lol......In an attempt to move this topic to the Upland/turkey Forum, I deleted it...... :-[

Anyway, the event is tomorrow night at the San Marcos Turner's Outdoorsman......Starts at 6:30 pm and is free of charge......Bring your calls, so we can help you tune and teach you how to use them......Turner's will have plenty to choose from, if you want to buy some.

It appears there's going to be a good crowd and seating is limited.

See you'll tomorrow evening and wear your SCH gear........... ;)

Hopefully someone will video the seminar for those of us who have to work. ..hint hint. ... :'(

Great idea Wiles........Not that we know everything, but do you have any particular questions we can answer here?

ilovesprig said:
Great idea Wiles........Not that we know everything, but do you have any particular questions we can answer here?

I can't really think of any questions off hand but i always pick up something when people talk turkey that i didn't know or something i never thought about.....not that i know that much either, i got the basics down i think, this is my second turkey season but was lucky enough to bag one last year

taking the boy hunting Sat, Due to a medical problem that I just got clearance on, we didn't get a chance to scout a whole lot but have some new areas between private and next to that we are going to try.....This will kinda be a Scouting with a gun trip as the boy is my normal hunting partner anyways

taking a single feeder hen, slate and box calls (i have a upper partial and can't get a diaphram to work right)and hope to cover as much ground as possible

Congrats on that turkey last year.....Lots of movement right now. So you may want to consider finding the most likely looking spot and hanging with it......As stated in another post, those gobblers can hear from a long ways.....Let them find you......Good luck to your son.

ps.....Watch for those snakes......The boys killed 2 yesterday fishing Lake Hodges!

ok, i got him mid season last year so tactics may be a bit different for early season, thats something that i have to figure out, we called to locate then moved to them but they were not moving much,

Good to know that they are moving ...

here is a question, do you use your peacock call while hunting to locate, if nothing on 1st stand, or straight calling

I'm bringing the video camera & tripod......don't forget to comb your hair Steve:)

Looking forward to seeing ya guys up there. I'll bring all my gear up and CNF maps for people to see.

@wiley: I have a spot that I was going to take my son out at. Send me a PM and I can give you easily accessible spot where there two toms roosted as of this morning.

Matagi said:
@wiley: I have a spot that I was going to take my son out at. Send me a PM and I can give you easily accessible spot where there two toms roosted as of this morning.
So Awesome, thank you Gen, pm sent

It will be nice to finally meet you Gen........I'll bring one of my jagds for you to check out.

Wiley has been having some Serious health issues The guy is an exceptional human being. Wiley kills stuff...he has that knack for being at the right place at the right time! You guys are AWESOME!!

Hey guys and gals, haven't logged on in awhile. Time flues when you're having fun, I guess. Anyway, speaking of time flying, my almost 9 year old got his hunter's safety card a couple months back and will be hunting this weekend. Heading down to Turner's tonight to get his license, and just might stay for the seminar. Thought it started at 6:00 though????

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu