Turning my old bow in to a Bow Fishing Bow

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
I highly recommend setting up a bow fishing bow it is one of the funnest things I have done in a while. I have between wanting to get into bow fishing so I took one of my old bows and set it up for less than $300 with parts. I bought off Amazon. This was super easy to do and I have been having a blast shooting fish ever since.

Drew,

I was at Henshaw yesterday...Now, is the time...Carp are up tight...I also talked to a guy that was fly fishing for them...He got 7.

View attachment 61828
I think I am gonna take the kids up there next week at least for one night and then we can bow fish and fish. How are the Crappie doing? The wife and 15yo leave for Kenya Monday for 2 weeks so I have the rest of the hoard by myself.

I think I am gonna take the kids up there next week at least for one night and then we can bow fish and fish. How are the Crappie doing? The wife and 15yo leave for Kenya Monday for 2 weeks so I have the rest of the hoard by myself.

No crappie reported...I think when they had the massive die off 2 years ago (algae bloom)...The crappie were hit the hardest...They've (VID) also "Blue Stoned" the lake the last 2 summer and are starting up again...Probably not good for fry either...Although, the lake is teaming with baby bass of all ages and bluegill... :clap:

IMG_5226.JPG

Reactions: TRICER
My favorite place to shoot carp is Lake Mead in the winter. The viz is excellent and the stinky Carp are all around the shoreline in the shallows.
I'd love to shoot them with my recurve but I am not sure 40lbs pull will do it..them ugly fish have thick scales.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu