Unexpected Treat

Hunter527

Apr 3, 2018
Niland, CA
I thought that last year's ruddies were all eaten up, but I was wrong! How should I prepare this tasty treat? Breaded and thrown in the pan is always good. In a few weeks the water swatting will commence again, and the freezer will fill! There's no better feeling than going to the freezer for elk stew meat, and finding Ruddies hiding amongst your elk!

IMG_0942.jpg

Reactions: Hunterfisher
Imagine all these guys swimming towards the blind. A bigger adrenaline rush does not exist. Reminds me of driving past a San J pond full of ruddies last year. I'm still kicking myself for passing on that blind on the last day. This season I'm picking that blind, that is certain.
ruddies 2.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu