Unique FL yote down

ross1147

Nov 8, 2012
Never seen a melanistic (black) coyote in Cali, and I’ve called in a bunch over the years there. This makes the 3rd one I’ve seen while hunting down in Florida. I missed one back in 2018 and I figured I whiffed my only chance. Well today I was finally was able to connect! 530 grain subsonic outlaw bullet put her down pretty fast! Plan is to have a full body mount as long as I get a taxidermist to call me back!3E8EE4C4-972A-4184-9BAB-4C0890804EEE.jpegEF49F963-A597-4443-8112-3C77EA17D051.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know black coyotes are very common down in Kentucky from all the podcast and research I’ve done. Congrats man that’s my dream to get one of those one day and a albino one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that a couple months ago but couldn’t find the video again. If it was up to me that’s what I would have gone with! It looks so real!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Forget the hide or mount, what did it taste like?

Asking for a friend...

That’s awesome, I would get that thing soft tanned and hang it from a nail

Nice kill. I've seen a black yote down here is the valley. Might need to setup a trail cam, wouldn't mind taking it down.

Looks like a fox/yote half breed.. cool looking fo sho!

Reactions: ross1147

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu