Utah cow elk tag filled.

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Utah archery cow elk hunt. Rained on us every day. On Monday I had a cow and calf at 20 yards but let her and her baby walk. Tuesday afternoon I had a solo cow step out at 6:30 pm. I watched her walk over 200 yards and pretty sure she didn't have a calf. The shot looked good but she still went 230 yards.

.Screenshot_20220824-113000_Gallery.jpg20220824_094655.jpg20220824_092652.jpg20220824_070657.jpg20220822_174004.jpg20220820_145458.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

Outstanding!......Beautiful buck too......... :clap:

ps...Nice to see Wayne over there with you.........:blush:

Good work! I love the coloration this time of year with the tan hides and green plants.

Quads are awesome. This spot was a 35 minute quad ride from camp. Then a 20 minute hike. I'm too old to be packing it out for 4 miles.
Brother..ain't that the TRUTH!! Work smarter..not harder..Awesome Hunt!

Reactions: sportyg
Awesome.
I want a Quad pretty bad but boy they can be useless in CA with all the restrictions where you can not drive them.

Awesome.
I want a Quad pretty bad but boy they can be useless in CA with all the restrictions where you can not drive them.
Very true. It just sits in the garage on the charger waiting for the once a year trip. It's hard to justify the need to the wife so i change the subject quickly. Lol.
Utah is very ATV friendly. Trails everywhere. Even when it's not hunting season it's fun to explore.

Reactions: NBK
I like the quad....if one was forced to hunt that canyon in the background...I think one would invest in a quad...uggh.

.Screenshot_20220905-193016.png

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu