Utah Elk?

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
My friend has a spike Elk tag in the Beaver east section of Utah, anyone ever hunt there and if so, any general information about the are would be appreciated. His hunt is in mid. Oct and he plans a scouting trip over in Mid Sept. From what I can gather the area has a decent Elk population. the section he is looking at is at high elevation 7000-10000'. That might change after his scouting trip.

My friend has a spike Elk tag in the Beaver east section of Utah, anyone ever hunt there and if so, any general information about the are would be appreciated. His hunt is in mid. Oct and he plans a scouting trip over in Mid Sept. From what I can gather the area has a decent Elk population. the section he is looking at is at high elevation 7000-10000'. That might change after his scouting trip.

John,

I have not hunted elk there, but I did hunt turkeys there...Saw a number of elk at about the 8-9,000 elevation....Have him check out the Brianhead fire area...FishLake NF.

Reactions: sportyg
Not sure. he told me he got that area. that's all I know. I'll ask, maybe got in too late and that was his only option.
Gotcha. Was curious because I have a spike only tag and there are a ton of units that allow spike hunting. Not exactly area specific. Some may be, I don’t know.

Gotcha. Was curious because I have a spike only tag and there are a ton of units that allow spike hunting. Not exactly area specific. Some may be, I don’t know.
Just talked to him, his tag is state wide. He did a little research and decided on that area. He is going over next week to do some scouting.

I have bowhunter around there, and fished the lake but never saw any elk there did hear they are in the area but up higher then where I was. That was a few years ago

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu