vagabond 8 day

oneazbowhunter

"will work for tag"
Oct 28, 2011
prescott valley,AZ
Well I returned Sunday from 8 days on the Vagabond,extremely warm waters to the south kept us from catching numbers of yft,but the yt and the wahoo made up for it. We fished our way down the coast and headed west to Alijos where the wahoo were on the chew,We boated 171 hoos in 2 days. I caught 13 up to #50 which just happened to be the jackpot fish,BOOM!!lol..my biggest yet was #38,I brought a couple marlin to gaff and cut em off. We headed north and fished Cedros and Benitos to scratch up a few more hoos,yft and yt. The final day was offshore paddy hopping for a few do-dos and we headed for the barn.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1445351615927.jpg
    FB_IMG_1445351615927.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Jeff1 copy.jpeg
    Jeff1 copy.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Jeff2 copy.jpeg
    Jeff2 copy.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 52
nice hoo's congrats!!... any of you guys have a good recipe for wahoo, my buddy gave me a few pieces and I'm dying to give it a try.

Just put a good rub on the outside and grill until blackend and med rare inside

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu