Very tough turkey season

utahduckhunter

Aug 11, 2015
southern utah
Well it was very tough turkey season this year in southern Utah. Today is last day of turkey season went to a spot where I been hearing gobble Heard them gobble this morning they gobble for 10 minutes this morning then it went silent sat there for 6 hours saw two hen walk by then started raining on me .

Attachments

• IMG_20230531_055004_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230531_055004_HDR.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 2duckhunter4
My buddy in northern UT had a struggle-fest this year as well. Approximately 1/2 the birds as normal.

I am wondering how many died and how many were so weak/malnurished that they didn't even breed. Is that a thing @ilovesprig?

My buddy in northern UT had a struggle-fest this year as well. Approximately 1/2 the birds as normal.

I am wondering how many died and how many were so weak/malnurished that they didn't even breed. Is that a thing @ilovesprig?

Adam,

I suppose that's possible, but mountain turkeys will move long distances to escape the the snow...Breeding/nesting could be late though...I had gobbles from the get go, but only 2 birds and a visual on 4 jakes...The numbers are just way down it seems...With canyons, mountains, and miles of acreage we don't see (with water in most of them)...The numbers may be better than we think.

Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu