Not all position or candidates have a political party associated with them. Unfortunately, not everyone with a R is the best every year. Many RHINO's out there. I find value digging into the details.
Props are incredibly important as many control funding (wonder why taxes are so high?), and you may have heard of something called Prop 63. If not, look it up. It has a lot to do with where we are at right now in the state.

Also, the political quiz is quite useful if you take the time to do it. Not like the the stupid quizzes on Social Media. It dives into the issues and spits out a percent aggrievance with a candidate. Definitely most useful in the primaries, but still of great interest.

Judges, which several of the posted voter guides cover, are critically important for restoring our rights.

Prop 63 still has not have a final ruling. As of June 30th 2022 it is back in the hands of the 9th circuit, after the USSC passed it back after NY ruling. Unless there has been a ruling I am not aware of.... Any candidate with R before their name is better than the other choice. Never have and never will vote Dem. Aside from outdoors forums, I have never been on any social media site, they are for the braindead and those who chose to spread lies and misinformation.

Again, not all positions have a D or R like judges that will decide the prop 63 appeal.
15 US Senate republicans just passed major gun control in June.
San Diego sheriff candidate backed by republican party supports red flag and no CCW; democratic backed candidate does not and is endorsed by no-compromise GOA.
We have been living under prop 63 for 8 years (2016). Personally, I don't like having to get authorization from the state to buy ammo, magazine restrictions, fines for not telling the state which guns i may own, giving the state the power to take away peoples self protection because they think they might be dangerous, etc..
Why not vote to stop it in the first place?
It will be another 8 yrs before prop 63 works its way through the appeals process for the second time. Especially if we don't vote for the quality judges that will be making the decisions.

Last edited:
Most of the judges we elect make decisions which are eventually passed on to appointed judges because of appeals bought on by lower courts bad rule of law decision, which starts a vicious cycle of passing from one court to the next. We live in a very liberal state, prop 63 passed with 68% yes votes, 68%.

Most of the judges we elect make decisions which are eventually passed on to appointed judges because of appeals bought on by lower courts bad rule of law decision, which starts a vicious cycle of passing from one court to the next. We live in a very liberal state, prop 63 passed with 68% yes votes, 68%.
Appointed judges are appointed by elected representatives.
68% is the exact reason why we need good people to get educated and vote.

PS:
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Last edited:
Vote no on any prop….the state can’t do anything good. On Lt one is 27 if you want to sport bet online yes….anything else can’t trust the state to do anything good but somehow everyone votes for for taxes. Strange and then the money go to a black hole
Yup, that's another "fallback position" that I like. When in doubt, you're probably better off voting "No" on it.

This is the easiest and most important thing you will do all hunting season, I promise you. We spend years tracking, patterning, scouting, killing, and processing 1 animal. Take 5 minutes, click on the links, fill out a ballot, and protect your rights and privileges.

I'm sure guys like @ilovesprig have have seen their hunting and fishing opportunities disappear over the years due to our elected representatives decisions.

This is the easiest and most important thing you will do all hunting season, I promise you. We spend years tracking, patterning, scouting, killing, and processing 1 animal. Take 5 minutes, click on the links, fill out a ballot, and protect your rights and privileges.

I'm sure guys like @ilovesprig have have seen their hunting and fishing opportunities disappear over the years due to our elected representatives decisions.

Thanks for posting, Mike....It was very informative and I will use it, when I vote................. :blush:

ps...And yes, I have watched as the greenies, libs, and democrats have whittled away at our God given rights.....Vote!

Reactions: Designed2Hunt

I guarantee you he is not the only one by far, I am his age. But, I know I have seen more hunting areas get plowed under by Money grabbing developers who likely paid off politicians to get their permits. I have seen a lot of desert hunting areas closed because of groups like green peace and the Sierra club, who also likely paid off politicians to get their wishes. I like the people who ask me why I oppose all bond measures, I tell them the word bond is just another word for taxes. The bonds have to be paid back with interest, and where does the money come from, taxes that's where. I never ever vote for tax increases, we don't need to, the politicians pass taxes without a vote by the voters, IE, 12 cent gas tax. Then when there was a proposition to repeal the gas tax, the adds never once mentions the prop was to repeal the tax, they falsely said if the props passes Cal roads would go into great disrepair, lies. The state currently has over one billion in surplus, and where did that come from, over taxing us that is where. And now with the election nearing, the fools are sending people some citizens some of the surplus money. The amount they are sending will maybe pay for a month of gas for many people who commute to word daily.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Thanks for posting, Mike....It was very informative and I will use it, when I vote................. :blush:

ps...And yes, I have watched as the greenies, libs, and democrats have whittled away at our God given rights.....Vote!
Is this something that can get added to the NWTF agenda?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu