Want to go Rabbit hunting, but where?

ratz

Feb 17, 2011
I want to take my daughter rabbit hunting.
She just got her license, and i want to take her hunting.
I thought we would start with Rabbit.
I have no idea where to go. Some one in the hunters safety course recommended going to a farm land in the inland, or Imperial County area, but i would feel wierd about going up to the farms door and asking.
any advice?
Can you hunt ground squirrels here?
If she handles this well, I will take her deer hunting.

Sadly, I had already thought of that.

The furrry rrrodents. I say we kill all the gophers!

Hey Rats, I don't know of any rabbit spots down in your area other than the NF, sorry. Dbar is a good guy and is your best bet to get a few close to home. Ground squirrels and jack rabbits are open all year with no limit. Good luck and post a few pictures of your hunt.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu