Welcome Newbies!

Jason or Ali posted a few openings back in October for Bloody Ducks. No idea if they filled up. They haven’t posted otherwise.

A-28,

Mystic Lake Duck Club, Little Ramona Duck Club, and possibly 4 Winds are all near Ramona Duck Club...Mystic is super pricey, Little Ramona I think is full, and 4 Winds has some openings I heard.

Out near the Salton Sea there's a number of clubs, including Bloody Ducks, Wilderness Unlimited, Imperial, Millionaire, and a host of others....Think you need to take a drive and see them in person.

ps...OnX Hunt shows clubs
Thanks for the guidance. I will check them out!

Jason or Ali posted a few openings back in October for Bloody Ducks. No idea if they filled up. They haven’t posted otherwise.
thanks- it's actually a bit far away from me (rather be in the Moreno Valley area), but would certainly check it out.. I understand getting water is going to be an issue this year.

Hey everyone! I'm new to the site, but I've been hunting for a while. Looking for mentors and others to share the outdoors with.

I grew up hunting whitetails, waterfowl, turkeys, pheasants, etc. in Wisconsin and I've been chasing elk and mule deer (rifle AND archery) for about 3 years (I killed my first cow elk last December). I'm up for pretty much anything outdoors. Let me know if you're looking to share some adventures!

More info:
- I'm 31
- I live in Mission Hills, near downtown San Diego
- I work in real estate

-Richard

Hello Everyone,

New(ish) to hunting (been pheasant hunting and loved it) and recently tried my hand at Deer in A-Zone. No luck this year (but still had a great time), but hopefully will learn from y'all and maybe find a mentor/hunting buddy for next season.

36 years old and I work in healthcare. Living in Agoura Hills, CA (Northern LA County).

Welcome to SCH @ir8691 . You have come to the right forum. There are a lot of folks willing to help.

Howdy!

Ventura spearfisher that has slayed many WSB but due to La Nina waves keeping me out of the water I decided to get my hunting license and picked up a beutiful PSE compound bow of CL. I have to admit, the amount of research and reading that must be done for hunting has been intense!

I went up to Sespe creek in D13 on Sunday to see if I could nail some rabbits but am confused on hunting boundaries. I pulled off the road at the "Middle Sespe Trailead" but there was a sign that said no hunting. I have the onX app but was watching a "how-to" video and they said the app doesn't show if its okay to hunt the area but just the general zone... If someone could point me in the right direction on how to find areas that are legal to hunt id appreciate it.

Also I am a Water Operator and my days off are Sunday-Tuesaday.

Howdy!

Ventura spearfisher that has slayed many WSB but due to La Nina waves keeping me out of the water I decided to get my hunting license and picked up a beutiful PSE compound bow of CL. I have to admit, the amount of research and reading that must be done for hunting has been intense!

I went up to Sespe creek in D13 on Sunday to see if I could nail some rabbits but am confused on hunting boundaries. I pulled off the road at the "Middle Sespe Trailead" but there was a sign that said no hunting. I have the onX app but was watching a "how-to" video and they said the app doesn't show if its okay to hunt the area but just the general zone... If someone could point me in the right direction on how to find areas that are legal to hunt id appreciate it.

Also I am a Water Operator and my days off are Sunday-Tuesaday.
Just remember that anyone can put up a sign anywhere...A sign being there doesn't make it true.

Try to determine who owns the land. In this case OnX shows it as Los Padres National Forest. From there I would search their website and try to get in contact with the closest ranger station.

Reactions: Spearfisher
Just remember that anyone can put up a sign anywhere...A sign being there doesn't make it true.

Try to determine who owns the land. In this case OnX shows it as Los Padres National Forest. From there I would search their website and try to get in contact with the closest ranger station.
Thank you, I did go to the website and bought the $5 map but it left me more confused. I’ll try swinging by the ranger station next time I’m over there.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Hey everyone, new to the forum and to hunting. Went on my first hunt for whitetail with my uncle in west New York last month and now I'm hooked. Hoping to meet other hunters in San Diego county. Not really certain on where to begin in D16. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

Hey everyone, new to the forum and to hunting. Went on my first hunt for whitetail with my uncle in west New York last month and now I'm hooked. Hoping to meet other hunters in San Diego county. Not really certain on where to begin in D16. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

Welcome to SCH....Try attending a NWTF monthly meeting (you do NOT need to be a member of NWTF)....Lots of guys that are very knowledgeable about the "16"....And, hunting in general here in SD County.

Reactions: mikeypcchc
Welcome to SCH....Try attending a NWTF monthly meeting (you do NOT need to be a member of NWTF)....Lots of guys that are very knowledgeable about the "16"....And, hunting in general here in SD County.
Are these the meetings in Poway.

Hello Everyone. My name is Logan and I am a new hunter from Orange County and plan to have my first season in D15 this year. Looking for any advice I could get as well as potentially find a hunting buddy/ mentor. Thanks!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu