What about BOB?

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
Well..he took a dirt nap..one less cat robbing the grocery store..good riddens.

.20190217_094436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Make a nice chew toy for moose..instead of the little bastard chewing on my couch!!

.20190214_142246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Notice how his fangs are sunk into the arm of my leather couch!!! Lloyd has taught him every ill manner there is.....everyone had to have a puppy...
...sweet jesus...why...just why..

Thats what lloyd said...he use to be quite the kocksman in his day... but the torch has been tossed to moose...he,s definitely got potential...and swagger..we,ll see how his game develops...ha!

Ha!! Dabbeld in taxidermy back in the day..not anymore...just right the check and have it done..damn kids are sucking up the oxygen around me..lord..give me strength..

Question Hatchet,

I've noticed when people get their animals skinned-out into one of these style of rugs... that for some reason, they choose to mount them on the fabric, with the fabric having those folds in it. What's the reason for the folding of the fabric underneath?

And it's always two layers of different colored fabric.

What's the thinking there in doing it that way?

PS... what kind of window of time do you have in terms of skinning out a Bobcat?

I'm asking because you figure you'd probably want to do a much more careful job of it... and they are kinda portable.. so I figure most people would just gut'em in the field... but then take 'em home to finish the skinning. That sound about right?

And um... with regard to the feet... I remember reading with bears.. that initially you separate the hands and feet at the wrist bones. With cats do they do that too? Leave the foot bones/phalanges in there until you turn it over to a taxidermist?

And if you plan on processing the hide yourself... how do you proceed in terms of handling the feet area? Is the thought that the pickle will just handle curing the muscles an tendons and ligaments inside the paws? I'm asking because I would think that wouldn't work very well and that it'd stink or have odor if you tried to just leave those tissues within the paw, right?

I guess that's a question better posed to "Ed F" perhaps?

Yup..i just stand there. Fast Eddie Would be your best resource Dog.

@Larry bob cats are small enough that you could just throw the whole thing in the freezer and then let the taxidermy do everything. When you see a guy like Ed cape or skin you realize you will never do it enough to be that good.

Reactions: TheGDog
Take Hatchet and Truduct advice... throw it in a freezer whole and call it a day. If you think you have skills skin it without cutting holes and and cut off at the neck and knees. If you are a full blown knifesmith... go for it. Ed F

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu