What did you shoot your first deer with ? I shot my first deer with a.

308 Winchester silver tip, Mossberg 800AFirstDeer.jpg

so this guy had a hand me down army jacket, a painted red hat lol, blue jeans, leather k-mart boots, used Mossberg 800A with added peep site.. no optics, use 210 buck knife. the binos were borrowed. hey my deer was tagged. lol even the deer hanger was home made lol

Last edited:
Tikka T-3 in 7mm Rem Mag. But, the first time I ever shot at a deer was 1976 with a Stevens 16 ga. single shottie with buck shot at 11000 ft up in the Andes, lucky I miss him cause there was only two of us 16 yr old hunters in the middle of nowhere and really didn't know how to dress him out... (thought it was an interesting tale)

Truth be told, Pops taught me to upland hunt there, but theres a big difference between dressing out dove/perdiz partridge and deer and our Dad's didn't roll out on many of these great excursions.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Daryl, Remington 722 in 257 bob, That's a classic gun/load I hope you still have it in your collection, if so I would say use it again someday. My first and latest was with a 25-05 70's era model 700 with a Leupold 3-9 using Nosler 115's. None of them took more than one step.

Daryl, Remington 722 in 257 bob, That's a classic gun/load I hope you still have it in your collection, if so I would say use it again someday. My first and latest was with a 25-05 70's era model 700 with a Leupold 3-9 using Nosler 115's. None of them took more than one step.
Wish I still had it Fred. I had 2 of them
I had a pretty good collection of 721 and 722 rifles.
When I was building my house some turd head broke into my storage and wiped out my gun collection. Man that was a heart breaker.

• Angry
Reactions: NBK and TheGDog
I don't have a picture of my very 1st buck (1960), but I do have a picture of the Savage Mod. 99 in 308 with my grandpa that I used....I also have a picture of my 1st buck that I got without my dad (1970). He was shot with a Rem Mod 721 in .270...Both bucks were killed near Bridgeport (X-12)....:blush:

.scan130.jpgBridgeport Oct 1971.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu