WHAT DO YOU HUNT WITH????????

Do you hunt with a rifle, bow or both?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hunt with a Bear showdown, T/C encore .308, 870 rifled barrel and a winchester 1400 for birds. I just love to get out and hunt when I can!

Breacher said:
Lungpopper said:
Trying to get an idea of what you guys are hunting with.

Uh oh, did I start something??

Bow for big game. Shotgun for the birds although Millbro will tell you I've been toying with the idea of bringing a longbow with flu flu's next dove opener......

hahaha, he's been talking about that for a while. gotta try it one of these years and set a new standard. i love it!

Very surprised at the rifle only numbers, I thought there would be more.
Common people 196 views and only 22 votes. We should have way more total votes than that.

Right now Im rifle only but really want to get into hunting with a bow to expand opportunities and to challenge myself. Unfortunately with a single income and a family of four, budget wise i cant really afford to jump into that area yet. I plan on setting a little bit at a time to the side and look into getting some used equipment that is ready to go.

dano626 said:
Unfortunately with a single income and a family of four, budget wise i cant really afford to jump into that area yet. I plan on setting a little bit at a time to the side and look into getting some used equipment that is ready to go.

Sold a nice rifle to fund my bowhunting. In the same boat. Too man toys/ hobbies and not enough time or $$$$.

Breacher said:
dano626 said:
Unfortunately with a single income and a family of four, budget wise i cant really afford to jump into that area yet. I plan on setting a little bit at a time to the side and look into getting some used equipment that is ready to go.

Sold a nice rifle to fund my bowhunting. In the same boat. Too man toys/ hobbies and not enough time or $$$$.

Aint that the truth!! lol

Never did see the pics of this awesome gun that has been restored!

Ahem... ;)

Definitely, I gotta see this rifle after that description and all the care that's gone into it.
:)

20-gauge SxS for birds only. Haven't hunted big game yet.

Would love to get into archery like everyone else seems to these days, but I'm not anxious to throw $400+ on another weapon I have to learn from scratch! A lot of the high-powered bows these days, with their "triggers," seem awful gun-like anyway...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu