What does your screen name mean?

I kill all kinds of birds in sandiego and mammals and why not frogs and snakes, and most ocean living Creatures

when i came up with the name at 13 yrs old i was 115 lbs super skinny.

the name stuck

The word aeon (play /ˈiːɒn/), also spelt eon or æon, originally means "life", and/or "being", though it then tended to mean "age", "forever" or "for eternity". It is a Latin transliteration from the koine Greek word ὁ αἰών (ho aion), from the archaic αἰϝών (aiwon). In Homer it typically refers to life or lifespan.

in the 90s i used to be a Ub3r 1337 |-|4xZ0rR... my bots where all named with a prefix of Aeon or root of star The hub being Aeonstar and the name of my website. people started calling me Aeon and it stuck. Gay i know but i wanted to get divorced and had to do something with my free time :) very retired now from all that

maybe :)

El Matavenados: a term I coined for myself, meaning "the deer killer" or "the deerslayer"; a compound word, intended to be similar to "matamoscas". I started using that as my internet handle, in spite of the fact that I had only killed 3 deer in my life at that time. I used it in setting up a facebook account, and my sister Googled it. Turns out the term had already been invented and applied to a big spider. I thought I was having an original thought, but I was wrong.

I find Spanish compound words interesting. Here are some examples:

Parabrisas (para = for, brisas = breezes): windshield
Paraguas (para = for, aguas = waters): umbrella
Matamoscas (matar = to kill, moscas = flies): flyswatter
Parachoques (para = for, choques = crashes): bumper
Quitanieves (quitar = remove, nieve = snow): snowplow

I shoot muzzleloaders, which belch white smoke when you torch them off. I usually just go by "Smoke" because I'm a retired CHP officer, aka "Smokey".

Mergrath

Okay, this started back in @ 6th-7th grade. I had a couple buddies who I played basketball with that use to call me Timmer (first name is Tim) and they would always ask what time is it? It's Timmer time!

Then in the beginning of 8th grade I changed schools and started to race dirt bikes. Timmer then became just plain old "Mer" as that was the sound that resembled a motorcycle...or at least that is why I thought my friend started calling that. I found out later on that my friend Kieth was from Hungarian decent and Mer actually stood for courageous. Go figure.

I ran Mer on the back of my helmets for @ 10-years. In 1999 I started working in the motorcycle industry and made several friends. At the time, Jeremy McGrath was still considered the best motorcycle rider. While I was working in the industry I was still riding and occasionally racing. I was always good at talking a great game! So it was then that Ron Lechien started calling me Mergrath because he said if you didn't know any better...I was faster than him! ;D

What is funny is that depending on who it is I still have old to new friends that call me any of the three to this day.

Not too many brothas from the hood participate in what we commonly refer to as redneck activities. Example... bow hunting, camping in the woods.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu