What happened to the true hunter

With all these guys hunting hard this last week of D16 and praying for a chance at any legal buck (some guys their first ever) and not getting a shot off I’m sure it didn’t go over well being called not a “True Hunter” . I have tried to sit this one out today but now here is my two cents. All of the above points are valid and are a matter of opinions of the age / size a deer should be harvested. Shooting 100 bucks in a zone at 1 ½ or 3 ½ is still 100 bucks so it will not do anything to increase the number of bucks in an area. So don’t worry about there not being any deer left for your kids to hunt. Not shooting young bucks would produce bigger deer and racks for sure. If I had a chunk of private property I would totally manage it for big bucks and it would only take a few years to see results, but I don’t, so on public land I let some walk and take the ones that get my heart pumping.

Take Em' said:
You are analizing every word one in a half old dear to me is to young and leting them live would bennefit us more than shooting them. And I keep trying to post pics but I can't figure it out. I have some real good ones from public land at the sea

Take Em please follow this link so you can watch a quick video I made on how to add pictures to the forum posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1WrbSEiAnw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks and by the way I think we need to let deer grow as Long popper wisely said; "let them be all they can be", then take them to the freezer.

Take em your not going to win this one! haha.I live on wild game. Got no problem shooting a spike.Got more heads hanging on my wall than most.The DGF puts antler restrictions in place for a reason.If there were too many juvenile deer being taken the tag numbers would go down or the antler restrictions would go up.Simple as that.End of discussion.somebody start a new topic...

oneazbowhunter said:
Take em your not going to win this one! haha.I live on wild game. Got no problem shooting a spike.Got more heads hanging on my wall than most.The DGF puts antler restrictions in place for a reason.If there were too many juvenile deer being taken the tag numbers would go down or the antler restrictions would go up.Simple as that.End of discussion.somebody start a new topic...
X2 start a new topic somebody

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu