What trail cam do you like?

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
I'm needing to buy a new trail cam soon thanks to the A- HOLES that hijacked me, does anyone have the new Cuddy Back Attack? or the new Leupold? What the best one out right now? Or what not to buy! THX

JR was saying he uses the Moultrie Game Spy which is on sale right now in Cabela's for $77, was thinking of getting one myself

TopBuck said:
I'm needing to buy a new trail cam soon thanks to the A- HOLES that hijacked me, does anyone have the new Cuddy Back Attack? or the new Leupold? What the best one out right now? Or what not to buy! THX

I don't have either one. I do have a Bushnell Bone Collector that works pretty good. Best points are: IT"S EASY to set up, easy to customize settings, battery life is phenomenal, and the picture quality is.... We'll you judge for yourself. That's the camera that I've been posting all the pictures of on the other thread. Did those pics meet with your approval?

teachanother said:
TopBuck said:

I don't have either one. I do have a Bushnell Bone Collector that works pretty good. Best points are: IT"S EASY to set up, easy to customize settings, battery life is phenomenal, and the picture quality is.... We'll you judge for yourself. That's the camera that I've been posting all the pictures of on the other thread. Did those pics meet with your approval?

Is it an I.R.?

All i can say is hang them high...... cams and thieves!!!!!

Tim, you want IR because the flash might scare the deer? If so I don't really think it does. I have pics of a nice 4X3 in front of my cam w/ flash for 40 mins just bedded down.

TopBuck said:
teachanother said:
TopBuck said:

Is it an I.R.?
Yes. IR. Be advised that the effective range drops to 20'-25' in IR mode.

oneazbowhunter said:
trust me on this one...I.R or not, the flash WILL not spook the deer..

I agree, I had a cuddy back with flash, the only bad thing w/flash cams. is it gives away the location of your cam. to would be thieves and they also kill batteries a lot faster.

I've gone through a few cameras and my favorite is the bushnell trophy cam series. The acception to this is the 2010 models which had a lot of problems. Bushnell replaced them for something like a 10 dollar shipping fee. The 2011 trophy cams have field scan/time lapse and sound on video. Trophy cams are small and use AA batteries. Feeding a game cam in Santa Anna wind season with AA verses D batteries saves a bunch of money. Use a Camlock box or better yet a heavy duty box from custom1enterprises.com. Your best camera defense is not only a box and lock, but a good job hiding it.

oneazbowhunter said:
another thing to think about is if some lowlife scumbag steals your moultry with a sd card your out $80. the bushnells start at a couple hundred..

This is true. Another thing to think about...steel security boxes that are bolted to the tree and locked with a thick cable do cut down on theft.

Thanks to all that gave feedback, I was wondering around Sportmans Warehouse this week and noticed the Bushnell trophy cam (8 mp)on sale for $139 so I bought one. Not sure how long the sale last. If your in the market this is as a good as it gets!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu