When pheasants were king

Looks like a blast Aeon but I fear they would make Carne Asada out of me if I venture south o' the border.

Great pics but depressing to see how it is compared to the ol days. That pic with you and the Gent in camo, was that taken on the Onyx ranch or is that San Jacinto?

That's San J in 1992...You used to draw ressies like waterfowl hunting...This was the Monday opener.

Reactions: Smokey58
Great pictures

My Dad hunted them in his back yard in Pasadena when he was young.......
Luckily Baja still has lots of birds, some years better than others. It really depends on cover, crops and when they harvest in the spring. This year sounds good with a late harvest of winter wheat.
The valley had a good hatch and should hold some leftovers too.

The IV depends on the cover in the ditches and fallow fields from here on out. That salt cedar as much as it sucks it's great cover for them to hide from predators.
Keep the fingers crossed!

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu