Where to buy a cow/pig

I just bought 2 pigs through the Lakeside Jr fair from the 4H kids. They did the auction on line this year.
I heard that Del Mar wasn’t going to do the online auction. So there should be lots of kids looking to (barn) sell.
Mag1. Is Ramona doing an auction this year ?

I just bought 2 pigs through the Lakeside Jr fair from the 4H kids. They did the auction on line this year.
I heard that Del Mar wasn’t going to do the online auction. So there should be lots of kids looking to (barn) sell.
Let me check and I will get back to you

They will decide Wednesday if there will be a live auction or online.
Will keep you posted.

Jason, sounds like you got plenty of options already. If they don't work out let me know. My father in law has a couple contacts throughout East County. We've done a few buried pigs for speacial occasions.

4H and FFA is a great way support the kiddos. Hope that route works.

I got a buddy in Oklahoma that raises pigs. If interested, I could probably get something going.

FYI, if you buy an FFA or 4H project animal the amount over market value is tax deductible. You likely won't find a grass fed steer though, at least from FFA where their mostly raised on school farms. They like to grow them marbled and tasty.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu