Where to buy a riffle in San Diego?

As long as you stay away from hiring guides...you should have plenty of money to get set up with a good riffle...those guides charge an exuberent amount of money...and the reallly good ones will have tagged out by 10am on the first day of your hunt. UGGH!!
I like the weatherby vanguards or the Howa 1500,s. Same rifle.. low cost...easily get a good scope ..rings and mounts..a sling and prolly a box of core locs...under 1k....my 1.5 cents.
darn guides always ruining the day by getting you tagged out:)

Reactions: HATCHET1
darn guides always ruining the day by getting you tagged out:)
You get his point. Take a few days off work to go hunting and instead you go shooting..and you are done before noon...to each it's own but id rather work a little to fill my tag.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
You get his point. Take a few days off work to go hunting and instead you go shooting..and you are done before noon...to each it's own but id rather work a little to fill my tag.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Just a little humor with Matt.
He knows I am do it your self type of guy.
But it's a small thing. My body is getting wore out. So more road hunting for me.
I am physically fit, but my arthritis (gout)
No longer allows heavy Hiking.

Far as a rifle goes. Buy the best you can afford. Do you home work on a cartridge.
I would suggest two rifles,
One for up to large game like elk.
And one for dangerous game.

I got out to the range and shot my Ruger, its real accurate and doesn’t kick hard at all. I don’t know if its one you are considering, but I definitely recommend.

I am happy to report, I just placed my order for the Tikka T3X Lite Black Synthetic and Stainless steel left-handed on 6.5 Cr. Now I need to research the Scopes and figure out where to get the Ammo and such. I would imagine it might be 2 or 3 weeks before I can get the dam thing in my hands.

I had to buy the rifle online which is rarely my first choice but I did not want to wait any longer. I think the price was pretty good too, that is before you add the transfer fee and State registration fee.

Most shops are super busy and I could not get a response even by e-mail. As of matter of fact, I called several shops just to check on transfer fees and I could not get anyone on the phone. The only shop that took the call charged $100 and they are a few minutes from me so I went with them. It seems to be the worst time to buy any ammo/firearm related unless you can order online, even then.

I better start going to the sporting goods stores and buy my shells for the upland season.

Cheers.

Reactions: ilovesprig
OK...Another opine from a shotgun guy, that's killed a few with a rifle...... ;)

Ruger American...MSRP...$399.99

Vortex Diamondback scope, 4x12...On sale, $179.99

Weaver Rings & mounts...About $40.00 (There are much better, but these work)

Limbsaver Kodiak rifle Sling...$23.99

270 Federal Trophy copper ammo...About $40.00

Some targets...$16.00

Total around....$700.00....These combos will kill anything you want in the west...(The caliber can be substituted for 6.5 Creedmore or 30.06 with little change in cost.

ps...Forgot you're a lefty...May be a cost difference & limitations for that
That pretty much describes my rifle except I have a Vortex Crossfire 3-9 x 50 scope. Oh, and hand-loaded ammo courtesy of @White Smoke. I did get a Magpul stock for it from a friend who works there. I'm not sure you can find a better rifle at that price-point.

Reactions: ilovesprig
I am happy to report, I just placed my order for the Tikka T3X Lite Black Synthetic and Stainless steel left-handed on 6.5 Cr. Now I need to research the Scopes and figure out where to get the Ammo and such. I would imagine it might be 2 or 3 weeks before I can get the dam thing in my hands.

I had to buy the rifle online which is rarely my first choice but I did not want to wait any longer. I think the price was pretty good too, that is before you add the transfer fee and State registration fee.

Most shops are super busy and I could not get a response even by e-mail. As of matter of fact, I called several shops just to check on transfer fees and I could not get anyone on the phone. The only shop that took the call charged $100 and they are a few minutes from me so I went with them. It seems to be the worst time to buy any ammo/firearm related unless you can order online, even then.

I better start going to the sporting goods stores and buy my shells for the upland season.

Cheers.
I have a T3 in .270 and love it!

Hard to find anything in stock right now, even online. Glock 10mm anyone?
my friend has one, he bought it from someone in law enforcement. I shot it a few times...dam sweet gun! I doubt he wants to sell but ill ask.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu