Whitened skull or natural? Which do you like?

Herson

Jun 10, 2020
Do you guys like you’re skulls whitened or natural color?

Personally. I like the natural color…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ilovesprig
To me it depends on how you mount it, Ask NBK to show the whitened elk mount I did for him on a piece of wood I hand carved a few years ago. I think it came out stellar. On the other hand I have a mule deer that a long departed friend took back in 2010 in an x zone above Bishop that still has the scalp and tag attached and I would not change a thing. It's all good memories in the long run...

I look at that pic and think.
That’s what he had to do to feed the knuckleheads.
Yes sir...back in the early times .it was feast or famine. ..Mama's med school was expensive....had to feed the cockblockers, now I'm just happy she works overtime so I can keep doing the hard work of hunting ..thankful for the bounty the good Lord has provided..

Yes sir...back in the early times .it was feast or famine. ..Mama's med school was expensive....had to feed the cockblockers, now I'm just happy she works overtime so I can keep doing the hard work of hunting ..thankful for the bounty the good Lord has provided..
Yes sir. I only had 2 knuckleheads but they lived on venison.
0AD0742E-18C5-4D1F-B0F4-FC409404624B.jpeg

I think the coffee grounds method has a good look to it. looks as if the skull was dug up from a shallow grave.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu