Who Shoots a Traditional Muzzleloader

Blkpowder Hunter

Jan 3, 2020
I was wondering who shoots/hunts with a traditional rile rather than an inline? I shoot with a more traditional .50 Hawken PRB.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. These rifles don’t have an expiration date on them, they’ve been shooting for about 200 yrs.

Can you shoot inline muzzleloaders at this shoot? Is there different classes?
There are different classes but they are all black powder and no inlines, sorry. The classes are pistol, open class (Flintlock or percussion), master class (flintlock or percussion) and cartridge (Think Sharps 45/70). Currently open to members and guests only. However, as soon as Covid restrictions are lifted it will be open to the public again. So open up your gun safe and pull out that dusty old black powder rifle.

I need to get proficient with what I have first before investing in new ones, but I tend to agree. One could never have enough

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu