WHO WEARS BLAZE ORANGE

Lungpopper

GLASS,GLASS,GLASS
Staff member
Mar 2, 2011
Lakeside
schoutdoors.com
This came up in another thread and I thought I would ask the question.

Do any of you guys wear blaze orange when hunting in California? Like just a hat or just the vest or both?

I have not hunted here in CA, I am from NM and have done most of my hunting there. We were never required to wear orange, so I never have, but I am considering it here. I have been scouting for deer a bit in D16 and have found that it is hard to get away from easy hunting as far as I can tell. Seems like there could be a lot of hunters out there and orange could be a good idea! Still trying to find some good places deep in the Cleveland to get away from crowds and find a decent buck!

When I rifle hunted, ABSOLUTELY! Ever watched a hunter with your bino's on the other side of a canyon glass you up through his rifle scope?

During the archery only seasons I don't. A bowhunter has to be so much closer to take a shot and I HOPE at closer distances another hunter would be able to see I am human.

I always wear orange while rifle hunting. My father had a guy shoot right at em one time through some brush. Obviously the BASTARD didn't make sure of his target. Lucky for my father the the guy was a bad shot! But, the other guy was lucky my father didn't return the favor. This is why I ALWAYS wear blaze orange during rifle season. :/

At a minimum I wear a orange hat and have a orange balaclava either around my neck or hanging off my pack.

breacher said:
Ever watched a hunter with your bino's on the other side of a canyon glass you up through his rifle scope?

YES Twice. A high powered rifle pointed at you in the hands of someone not smart enough to use binoculars is scary. I jumped right out of my skin.

I bow hunt during rifle season but I'm usually in a stand, so No I don't wear it. I do carry some orange ribbon tape if I'm dragging a deer out.

when i hunt azusa canyon during rifle season i wear an orange hat...alot of bush shooters up there...and yes i also have been glassed thru a rifle scope more than once...a bit scary....

When close to the border use an orange bullet proof vest :) :D ;D ;D ;D 8)

At least a hat.
A hunter may not be aiming directly at me, but it may help him see I am in the background, or he may see me and move somewhere else.
Vote yes on Orange.

I were sold orange hat for chucker, quail, pheasant, rifle deer season, I haven't looking for pigs. I have a safety vest I put on deer on the drag out way to many trigger happy yahoos where I deer hunt

I always wear something orange whenever I am hunting outside of the rec. area during rifle season. Yes, my life is that important! ;)

I like to tie the the vest off to my pack. If I take my kids they always wear orange vests. Maybe I should invest in the hat!

I try not to wear it unless it is required. I do have a couple of bird vest with orange on them but for big game I like to blend in. I keep orange ribbon with me to place on horns while packing out.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu