Winchester Model 12 12 gauge

doccherry

May 7, 2021
The Winchester Model 12 is back on the market. Thought an SCH'er wanted it but apparently not. Here is the info and the photos:
Model 12, full choke, manufactured approx 1935, wood is in excellent shape with no cracks or dents, metal very good, bluing faded in spots, no corrosion or rust, bore is excellent, buttplate perfect. Shoots modern loads but NOT STEEL. Must use bismuth if hunt waterfowl. I am going to keep this on the classifieds for about 5 days and then take it off. After cleaning it up and handling it, and remembering all the good times I had with it, I hate to let it go. But for 5 days, it will be for sale. $300 firm. Check out Gunbroker for Model 12's in this shape and you will see this is a bargain price.

Attachments

• 20240123_064042.jpg
    20240123_064042.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240123_064049.jpg
    20240123_064049.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240123_064058.jpg
    20240123_064058.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240123_064117.jpg
    20240123_064117.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240123_064121.jpg
    20240123_064121.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240123_064124.jpg
    20240123_064124.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240123_064147.jpg
    20240123_064147.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The Winchester Model 12 is back on the market. Thought and SCH'er wanted it but apparently not. Here is the info and the photos:
Model 12, full choke, manufactured approx 1935, wood is in excellent shape with no cracks or dents, metal very good, bluing faded in spots, no corrosion or rust, bore is excellent, buttplate perfect. Shoots modern loads but NOT STEEL. Must use bismuth if hunt waterfowl. I am going to keep this on the classifieds for about 5 days and then take it off. After cleaning it up and handling it, and remembering all the good times I had with it, I hate to let it go. But for 5 days, it will be for sale. $300 firm. Check out Gunbroker for Model 12's in this shape and you will see this is a bargain price.
Man if I was in the market, I would be all over that. You got me thinking I need to start reducing some of my weapons. Hard to do but there a few I never use.

Gundoglover: Let me respond to your comment. You old farts who have a bunch of firearms [Gundoglover, being in CA and being a wise man, of course sold his long ago], if you hang on to your guns and then you croak, you have created a nightmare for your heirs here in CA. My brother in law went thru that a couple years ago. Dad died, had a bunch of guns. In CA, unless you are the spouse, you may not be in possession of a firearm unless you are the owner of record. So he has all these guns to deal with. Has to take them to an FFL to hold or take them to a law enforcement facility where he will be told to take a hike since they have no place to store the guns, or, he can take them to certain law enforcement facilities and have them destroyed.

What he did was take them to an FFL for storage and then apply to the Attorney General of CA for a transfer into his name, citing an inheritance. So, he sends all the info on each gun to Attorney General, pays the fees, and 1 year later [seriously 1 friggen' year], he gets the approval on the guns. Takes this approval to the FFL and now has to have all of them transferred into his name, going thru the same BS that you guys will go thru when you buy my guns, private party to private party transfer. FFL transfer fee on each one, FBI checks, the whole deal. Once that is done, he gives them to the FFL and tells him to sell them, paying a hefty commission on each one and waiting a year for some of them to sell.

If you are in my position, old and not hunting or shooting as much, I strongly advise you to sell them now. Sell at a bargain price to someone who is excited about owning and using them. You'll come out far ahead financially compared to letting your heirs go thru all the BS and expense after you are gone, and you'll meet some interesting people when you meet at the FFL for the transfer.

Now, on to listing some more firearms for sale...

Last edited:
Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Or .one could just not say anything and just keep um in safe and continue to use them at will when they want? Not sure how anything would come of it unless they got stolen and some meth head killed someone with one of them I guess ....and they ran serial numbers.. but that's a handgun thing right? Time to take another 10 mg...I hate CA

My wife's uncle lost his father in law last year and has been dealing with trying to sell all the guns he left behind. His father in law was a big collector and had lots of firearms and tons of ammo. Thankfully it's out here in Idaho so he didn't have to jump through tons of hoops but it was still a big burden to try and sell the guns to make money for the family and his funeral costs. I purchased an old handgun to help out and he's been setting up a booth at the gun shows and has made a good dent.

It made my uncle evaluate his collection of guns and what he was going to leave behind..he ended up selling me a few at a great price.

That is a beauty of a gun Doc! Im sure you'll find a good home for it!

This is the only gun left. Will be selling some AR uppers and complete rifles soon, 300 Blackout, 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster. All CA legal with Mag Lock systems. Stay tuned.

This is the only thing left. Will remove from classifieds this evening, perhaps list again a year from now.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu