Windy, Cold, & look behind you......lol

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
What a day!......Started off by backing into Robert's truck at 4:30 am.....UNBELIEVABLE!.....Then we get up to Julian and it was 36 degrees and 30 mph winds.....We lasted for about 3 hours.....lol......We finally decide to go get warm and have some breakfast. Saw one hen, one tom, and heard some gobbles in the distance.....We get back up at about 10:00 am. This has been the time I've been having the best action.....We no sooner start to set-up and I spot a single gobbler. I'm sure this was the same one my friend Mike missed on Tuesday. Knowing how he has skirted us 2 other times. I set-up in a different spot facing up hill.....Sure enough after about 15-20 minutes, he appears sneaking around us. Unfortunately for him, he was sneaking to close to our position......As he got into sight of Robert, I said take him if you can.....Robert did and he had his best gobbler to date.....21.4 lbs, 10 1/8" beard, and 3/4" spurs......Congrats Robert.

ps.....Josh chipped in a bird today from MCC as well...... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    870.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    833.7 KB · Views: 22
Nice! Glad you guys finally put the smackdown on that big bird! I hate turkey hunting on those windy days.... so much harder.

Steve, I thought you were joking when you said you hunt almost every day of the season, but... you sir, are a turkey hunting machine! ;D

Tom,

I love the woods (& marshes) in the morning......Turkeys are the bonus......1st day that I didn't even see a turkey......No problem......Back at it tomorrow....... ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu