Wister campground closure!!

Really, close my trap?thats not going to happen.
When your father dies of corona virus complications. Then come talk to me.
I tell it how it is and nobody likes the truth. This was not a false statement.
Iseen not ony wister but other campgrounds with ppl partying like nothings wrong.
Were in a pandemic ppl. Stop ignoring it ir more ppl die.
I SAY SHUT ALL CAMPSITES DOWN!!! THATS MY OPINION.
I have to ask , if you are that concerned about the virus what were , are you doing out ? I'm certain you don't want to be part of the " do as I say , not as I do crowd"

Simple question and sorry for your lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
TeamRoper, I'm very sorry for your loss. This pandemic has been a huge challenge for everyone, but certainly way more impact to those that have lost a loved one. Each one of us has our own experience and perspective on this, but we also have the ability to make choices for ourselves. I say keep all campsites open. That's my opinion.

With that being said, I think we should all be doing what we can to limit the spread. Facemasks and limited contact in public places, etc.

How long are you willing to keep the campgrounds closed? Another year? Two years? Forever? Shall we hide in our homes forever? Realistically, the vaccines won't have a significant impact on the spread for at least another 9 months. This isn't just going away soon.

It's all about personal risk and personal choices with some "greater good" considerations thrown in. I'm willing to wear a mask and limit my contact with others, but I disagree with orders that impact basic freedoms of movement, recreation, and assembly. I'm not defending the guys standing next to each other at the campfire, but that's a choice that they make.

And tonight, I may just party like nothing's wrong. But I won't be doing it at a bar with hundreds of others. Make your choices and don't judge others'.

Does anybody know if the ban on overnight camping at Wister has been lifted? I was up north last weekend and the guys were camping at Colusa NWR.

Does anybody know if the ban on overnight camping at Wister has been lifted? I was up north last weekend and the guys were camping at Colusa NWR.
Tuesday night the sign at the Check Station parking lot still was up saying no camping . I ignored it. Old Quack 49

Reactions: duck-boy
Yep, King Newsom strikes again. You all better get on your knees and bow to the King of State of Confusion then bow to the King JB in Washington. They are in control now. This country has the biggest yellow streak up it's back that I have ever seen.

Officially, camping will be allowed for the youth and Veterans hunts but not this weekend.

Once the Stay at Home order was lifted, I was in contact with DFW staff.

I got the word today they changed their decision to stay closed to camping .. and will now allow camping for the youth and Vets hunts.

this is good news. They are going to send me a link to the press release. Hopefully soon. I will post up when I have it.

This decision came after CWA Public Lands Hunter committee representatives, myself included, got involved. calls and e mails.

Never Underestimate your voice being heard.

Last edited:
Duckfan! Thank you for this solid info and for being proactive for us and a voice of reason. I appreciate it!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Thanks..

and Matt,

politics would interfere with duck hunting. Plus, the voting would have happened in 2024.

hahaha

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu