Wister Hunt

Oct 11, 2014
I am a waterfowl noob and don't know the ropes yet on duck hunting. That said, I got drawn for Wister this Sunday and don't have anyone to go with. Does anyone want to go and maybe have a dog (mine isn't ready yet)? Hopefully someone knows which blinds are the best and can clue me in. Thanks.

I drew 25 for this Saturday but i am not gonna go due to deer season.....

You might regret not going. Might be a lot of new birds down with the north turning to ice

Wister was very good on Wednesday with all the new birds.......They will get smart fast and Sunday's are always slower......With that said, go Saturday and sweat line it. Ask lots of questions to Ryan (works window at check-in station) and others......Then Sunday you'll have a better idea where to go.....How good a res do you have?

MasterBlaster66T said:
Ok, so how do you know how good the res is? Does 96 sound right?

96 sounds right and not real good.......They give out 100 reservations.......But look at it this way. Your ahead of any sweatliners............ ;D

Our club had zero ducks last week, I'm guessing it will be plugged full now.

Huntndogs said:
NBK said:
The club is on fire right now...and it's building.

Headed out the door in a few....we will see about that John.

You should have a good shoot. A couple of good friends did very well this week and there daily bag included dark geese!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu