Wister Hunt

Did very well today......................... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9624.JPG
    IMG_9624.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9631.JPG
    IMG_9631.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_9635.JPG
    IMG_9635.JPG
    498.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9638.JPG
    IMG_9638.JPG
    540.7 KB · Views: 60
My club was weak sauce, couple Ringnecks and a couple Redheads for the day. Not much flying down my way....

I'll see you there, gotta a number 4 res and hoping to get a good spot.
Got a big goose egg on Sunday, but it was educational so not at all a loss.

Wow you must have been in the right place. We hunted U 14-2 and came up empty other than a lost in the reeds. Saw everyone around us getting birds though. Do the ducks there not like decoys? ...I dunno. Also glad to hear you got that deer, good job

Bonejour said:
Trigger looks bummed that the day is over! ;)

Don,

He got a lot of retrieving the last 2 days.......He is a go getter....... ;D

Attachments

• IMG_9734.JPG
    IMG_9734.JPG
    481.7 KB · Views: 26
MasterBlaster66T said:
Wow you must have been in the right place. We hunted U 12-2 and came up empty other than a lost in the reeds. Saw everyone around us getting birds though. Do the ducks there not like decoys? ...I dunno. Also glad to hear you got that deer, good job

I'm sure your decoys are fine. But a day that is dead calm, you must add movement.......If you don't have movement. Then you need to put your decoys in such a position that you are on the side that they come in from and after seeing your decoys they fly over your position or blind......I have many times put the decoys on the opposite side of my dike. Ducks almost always fly on the outside edge.......This why having directional winds is so important.

One other thing.......If there's no wind like today........Try and put your decoys closer to shore and near or in brush.......Taking some of the none movement away.

You retired people hunting on Wed. It's not fair :(

I hunted wister yesterday...... It was awesome. Does.......sound right ??? I hit the sweat line picked 12th it was a new area for me so I wasn't expecting much, turned out to be a good shoot, did not get a limit but hey that's okay birds we're flyin and my dog did great probably her best duck hunt in her life, she did an 80 yard retreive with a little help, had a bunch of long retrieves I hit a diver and didn't kill it and she was after that thing like a bad habit.

all in all it wwas an awesome day

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu